Newest Members
squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous
12368 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bluesky (44), Brother B+ (48), emal7717 (53), estuardo (52), kwf777 (56), LeeAnne (30), mapleleafsn (52), otherside (61), ronnie (59), Scott1962 (52), thrive-n-survive (42), tom3065 (36)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 13 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12368 Members
74 Forums
63563 Topics
444106 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#339303 - 08/31/10 10:40 AM Songs that describe the way you're feeling...
Silly Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
Has this ever happened to you? Listening to a song and it feels like it was written just for the way you're feeling right at that moment? I was listening to some stuff on my way to work today and an old one was on the iPod...fits my mood lately. It's a punk song by Black Flag. Here's the gist of it:

Damaged by you. Damaged by me.
Iím confused. Confused. Donít wanna be confused.
Stupid attempts, no conclusions.
Donít even feel a thing. No I donít wanna see.
Problems stick, my life drips.
FeelingsÖstupid feelings. Stupid illusions.
Iím confused. Confused. My emotions are abused.
Wrong in what I think. I donít feel shit.
Iím confused. I'm wrong. Donít wanna be wrong
Stupid incompetence. Stupid is what I think.
When I talk my mind falls apart.

It's just the way I've been feeling...oh well

http://seriouslysilly67.blogspot.com/

The Round Table, Men's Sexual Abuse Group, Monday 7:30pm CST, MaleSurvivor Chat

#339306 - 08/31/10 11:54 AM Re: Songs that describe the way you're feeling... [Re: Silly]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, my brother, Shane.

Yes, as a matter of fact, it had a huge effect on my recovery & learning about myself.
Sort of, or maybe...Divine intervention? Yep this old Irishmoose talking about divine intervention, Me?

Story, it was at my first weekend of recovery mission. It is the place where i was at the right place, at the right time, with the right people. It was on the last program of the day. We were paired up. One would go first, eyes closed and let his emotions & thoughts flow with the music. My partner went first, and i made sure that his boundaries were secured. Then it was my turn and the last song to be played.

It was Unchained Memories, I went with the flow of the song, it sent me from the depths of my soul (hell), to the infinity of the heavens (God), it was with that song that i received my inner child, (little Pete)back.
I, didn't even know the name of that song. When someone had told me the name of it & the symbolism of of it in me getting my inner child back. Being at the right, place. At the right time. With the right people. Divine intervention?

Any way, that song, was like it was played & written for me as to my feelings & emotions at that time. It is the song that i play every day, when i do my morning meditation.

It brings me back to a place called the Center for New Beginnings.
Back to the place where i had met my lost boy/self little Pete as He is ME. Unchained Memories, bringing that boy/man together.

The right place, at the right time, with the right people. With the right song. Who put me there? Divine intervention? Or coincidence?

That song changed my life FOREVER.

Got carried away as usual. And probably doesn't make any sense to the question asked.

" I will take that lost boys hand, and i will lead him from the depths of darkness, into the sunshine, forever into eternity."

Heal well my brother Shane, heal well.

Pete..Irishmoose.

Edited by petercorbett (09/02/10 10:10 AM)
Edit Reason: spelling
May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.