Newest Members
pjmd, j_f1974, Dan234racer, ajax, marmill252
12431 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mTm (55), Oz (28)
Who's Online
7 registered (highflight, Obi, pete1973, pattom, 3 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12431 Members
74 Forums
63839 Topics
445789 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#339234 - 08/30/10 09:26 AM my weekend with the moose.
Obi Online   content
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
well fellas... it was a GREAT weekend... i tell ya what, moose is a great compassionate loving guy! he definitely has a tremedously caring heart... had a blast this weekend... even though he sort of invited himself *laughs*...

we had great talks.. talked about our abuse as kids. talked about our issues. our recovery. where we are heading in our recovery. we talked about our childhoods and growing up. he talked in length about his military career.. LOT of interesting stories he shared about his career in the military... i do have to say even though i've always respected our men and women who serve in the military, my respect for the military has grown even more from what moose was sharing.

took him to some great places to eat. especially lambert's... hehehe.. sorry you couldn't make it billy.. lambert's was awesome as usual. he got a big kick out of the guy throwing the rolls..you also should've see how big his eyes got when they brought out his dinner. he couldn't believe the huge portions of food they give but that man ate every single bit of his dinner. for as skinny as he is, moose can pack the food away *laughs*...

it was a very healing weekend for us. we learned a lot. my respect for moose is great in size. just as big as his heart. as he left this morning i told him that even though he invited himself to my house that it was ok and that he can invite himself back anytime he wants because he has a home here in kansas anytime he wants to come out...

todd

ps... forgot to add that i took moose to the veteran's memorial out here... i got a couple of pictures that i will post when i get a chance... you could tell how much that memorial meant to him... he is a very proud man of his military service as he should be.

Edited by Obi (08/30/10 09:30 AM)

my story

my vlog

#339250 - 08/30/10 02:40 PM Re: my weekend with the moose. [Re: Obi]
nevragan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NC
It sounds like it was enjoyable for both of you. Glad to hear that. It is very powerful to meet another survivor and bond. That is so cool that he came up to see you. Treasure that memory. Wow, not sure what else to say other than two thumbs up. Take care and see you in chat. Andy

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.