Newest Members
RepressedMem, jet_step, JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut
12468 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AndyP (48), Gaius (50), JoziSA (52), mmafan66 (48), nltsaved (36), RMM (52), Steve63 (51), zenboy (51)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12468 Members
74 Forums
64028 Topics
446830 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#338984 - 08/25/10 04:32 PM Marine Sgt. punished for groping male recruits
Anarion Cti Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eastern US
"Whom have I in heaven or earth but You?"

#338991 - 08/25/10 06:20 PM Re: Marine Sgt. punished for groping male recruits [Re: Anarion Cti]
Barkabus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Other than the groping, this has been standard practice in the military. It always made me feel uncomfortable hearing that stuff when I was in the Navy. I didn't occur much outside of boot camp. I am glad they are cracking down on this. Does the Sergeant deserve a year confinement and bad conduct discharge? I don't know, perhaps.

Mike

#339016 - 08/26/10 12:34 AM Re: Marine Sgt. punished for groping male recruits [Re: Barkabus]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, my brothers,

In the 50's, that was nothing new.

My, TI, used to come up to your face, and tell you what he would like to do to your mom & sister, I'll let you determine what he wanted to do.

He was waiting for a reaction from me. I would stand at attention & wouldn't, move a muscle or even flinch. He got pissed off because, i was probably the only one that he couldn't get to. If you made the slighest move, and as the old saying went, your ass was grass.

You see starting at the age of 8 I had always wished that my "mom" was dead. I had a sister 3 years younger than I, but i don't rememnber much about her.

Foul language, lumps & bruises, blanket parties, etc, was supposed to transform a boy into a man. Those things aren't tolerated in today's military.

I survived it, and went on to a 23 year career.

He, got what he deserved. In my opinion.

Heal well, my brothers, heal well.

Pete..Irishmoose.

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#339023 - 08/26/10 09:12 AM Re: Marine Sgt. punished for groping male recruits [Re: petercorbett]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MD
The sad part is that a year in prison is what we have to consider a victory. Someone finally got punished for it.

The only difference between the jarheads and the rest of the services is that they are willing to be so open about it.

Brian

"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.