Newest Members
beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1, AustinChemist, wild_turky
12276 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4113 (60), Andre M, (36), catchup22 (62), jim OCA 7 (57), sidhearthur (55), SkyClad (65)
Who's Online
2 registered (tbkkfile, 1 invisible), 28 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12276 Members
73 Forums
63164 Topics
441712 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#338685 - 08/20/10 02:35 AM This family is so great!
DrReid Offline

Loc: NW Arkansas
What an encouragement this family is, take a look at their site.

Gay Family Values

#338732 - 08/21/10 12:56 AM Re: This family is so great! [Re: DrReid]
prisonerID Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oklahoma
Thanks for putting this out here.

#338733 - 08/21/10 01:09 AM Re: This family is so great! [Re: DrReid]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, my fraternal brother.

Thanks for posting this my fraternal brother, DrReid.

A loving family, When 2 persons truly love each other, and happen to be of the same sex, what in the heck is the big deal?

And when they want to adopt a child, again what's the big deal?

With so many children in orphanages/Homes in this country looking for some one to love & care for them,. What's the big deal?

In letting someone adopt & love them.

True love is a many splendored thing. No matter who shares it, with whom.

Heal well, my brothers, heal well. That's my take on it.

Pete..Irishmoose.

Edited by petercorbett (08/21/10 09:50 AM)
Edit Reason: sentence
May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#338739 - 08/21/10 10:02 AM Re: This family is so great! [Re: petercorbett]
prisonerID Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oklahoma
Pete,

I so agree with your statement's on Reid's video link. Over the years I have worked with so many young young people who have been in state and tribal custody. All they needed was a loving family instead of the one they were born into.

When it comes to adoption the child's welfare is not always at the heart of it. I have seen good straight families attempt to adopt. They take the children in and work with them under foster care. And when they try to adopt they have to go through so much compared to the bith parents do in reclaiming a child. I could recount so many stories of how "parents" were given many chances. Where are the rights of the child? Should they not be the priority?

In my town a poor little baby had broken legs from where the parents had played tug of war. They were placed in parenting classes. The dad went to prison. The young woman just had the classes. She is just as guilty. Every time I see her I give her the most disgusting look I can. She remembers me and I am glad.

I won't argue what someone feels is their moral compass. But while people argue over whether a same sex couple should or should not adopt I feel other issues are over looked. The issues should be the home is safe, the couple or single person is stable and can offer love and hope to the child. I remember when single people had no chance to adopt. I recall that adopting out of one's race was a call to war.

Isn't the issue the child? I saw no one step up when my nieces needed a home after their parents went the way of drugs. If I had not stepped in DHS was just a few days from taking them. I have not been a perfect "parent" by any means. I made a lot of mistakes along the way. But I doubt being straight would have made me a better one.

Daryl

Edited by prisonerID (08/21/10 12:17 PM)

#338933 - 08/24/10 08:11 PM Re: This family is so great! [Re: prisonerID]
westsidej Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minnesota
Howdy my brothers!!! This may surprise some of you as one of the resident conservatives & Jews here on ms.org but I agree with you guys on gay adoption.

While a heterosexual married couple has been and is the ideal for child rearing, I think that a domestic partnered committed m/m or f/f is even a more positive environment for children than a single parent of either sex.

While the child misses out on much of the opposite sex parent/guardian's contributions, the pros of a same-sex parenting situation where the child's loved, wanted & cared for shouldn't be discarded or negated.

If you want to get angry at something in addition to laws that restrict gay adoption, you should be enraged about the sad state of both state DCFS' (dept. children & family services) and laws governing adoption. It's no wonder so many people go overseas to adopt when we have hundreds of thousands of children here waiting to be given a good home. I honestly don't get why there's a stigma about adoption on any level.

I'll let the abortion issue go for now save to say that millions of those babies killed could have been adopted as well.

We plan to adopt a child to add to our family after we move into a new home and will definitely try to find an American girl/boy first but if too cumbersome w/ red tape & expensive, we'll go overseas as well.

Like Shaq says, it takes more that DNA to be a Dad.

So, thanks for the great posts and comments. Daryl, way to go on taking in your nieces. smile smile smile A good mensch indeed.

Jay

The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict. Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.