Newest Members
BCtejas, JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman
12491 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kb8715 (114), rom2057 (57), terrapin (51)
Who's Online
3 registered (Tiger1982, wollensak, 1 invisible), 28 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12491 Members
74 Forums
64158 Topics
447708 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#322133 - 02/14/10 10:12 PM Re: New forum for non-CSA related Survivors [Re: king tut]
prisonerID Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oklahoma
I am very grateful for the people here. Both on the site and those behind the scenes. I have to admit that I have struggled with being here at times though.

I never want to see separation on this site. Gay from straight. Same for adult survivors from CSA ones. I like unity and we need all the unity we can get here since there is little often in our outside world.

But I would like to see this forum come about. Not as a form of separation but as a beacon for new guys who enter and do not stay. I have counted so many who come and unsure if MS has a place for them. They look for posts and others to relate to. And then they do not stay. I think this forum would be a great tool to help them to do so. I think it would strengthen the site.

I am not good at asking for things for myself. Part of the aftermath of my assault. But I can do so for others and feel that for the sake of those not only here but also for the ones still out there - this is needed. And I must admit it fills me with a hesitant joy at the thought that it could become a reality.

Daryl

#322166 - 02/15/10 10:08 AM Re: New forum for non-CSA related Survivors [Re: prisonerID]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MD
I would also suggest if this forum goes forward that the "Male Survivors" forum be given the axe.

At that point, the site would be segregated between CSA and non-CSA survivors, GBT survivors and Survivors of Female Abuse. What further need could there be for the Male Survivors Forum?

Brian

"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)

#322170 - 02/15/10 11:02 AM Re: New forum for non-CSA related Survivors [Re: LN3(SS)]
ComicBookGuy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: London, England
Originally Posted By: LN3(SS)
I would also suggest if this forum goes forward that the "Male Survivors" forum be given the axe.

At that point, the site would be segregated between CSA and non-CSA survivors, GBT survivors and Survivors of Female Abuse. What further need could there be for the Male Survivors Forum?

Brian

Simply because we don't need to pander to society's general attitude of there being something wrong with all-male groupings, whether physically or online, when they're trying to do something good.

For the record I can't remember the last folder that was added to the forum, so either it was over a year ago or I'm blind.

There's nothing wrong with the idea but deep deep down I'm leaning towards making sure the equivalent is also on the member's side for those who want to post in private, and I'd be interested to hear the views of survivors from the military who are all adults, to see whether they don't feel represented from the forum as it is now.

Edited by ComicBookGuy (02/15/10 11:08 AM)

#322171 - 02/15/10 11:13 AM Re: New forum for non-CSA related Survivors [Re: ComicBookGuy]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

I was talking about the folder "Male Survivors", not the whole website.

I am a military survivor. As such, I do not feel represented when the majority of conversations in Chat and posts here involve aspects of CSA. A military sexual trauma folder would probably be too underutilized to justify its existence, but a Adult Survivors forum probably would not be.

Brian

"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)

#322173 - 02/15/10 12:01 PM Re: New forum for non-CSA related Survivors [Re: LN3(SS)]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

Let me add a link here to show where this was discussed two years ago.
Adult Survivor Post

Brian

Edited by LN3(SS) (02/15/10 12:02 PM)
Edit Reason: Time correction

#322175 - 02/15/10 12:27 PM Re: New forum for non-CSA related Survivors [Re: LN3(SS)]
ComicBookGuy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: London, England
Originally Posted By: LN3(SS)
I was talking about the folder "Male Survivors", not the whole website.

That's my confusion of the words "forum" and "folder", apologies, but my view stays the same about that single folder.

I didn't say I disagreed with it, but I'm surprised there was no official yay or nay two years ago. As long as it's replicated on the members side, there'd be nothing wrong with a pilot to see exactly what happened traffic-wise.

#322182 - 02/15/10 01:29 PM Re: New forum for non-CSA related Survivors [Re: ComicBookGuy]
1islandboy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: washington
Just my spin...

but I feel...this creation is more about embracing than terminal separativeness...(military...if you were and adult, to be included...like clergy is encompassed, if you were a child)...

I post in many different forums...and, I don't need to be "friends or family" in order to post in that forum for example...

I personally like the "Male Survivors" forum and feel it should be kept intact...as the..."broadest of all/catch all forum."

Earth Born (Kitaro)

island

#338192 - 08/12/10 05:43 PM Re: New forum for non-CSA related Survivors [Re: king tut]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

At least one person here is starting a PM group for those of us that are not CSA survivors.

The president, Jorge Ramirez, said when he took office that this organization would start being more receptive of the needs of non-CSA survivors.

This topic has been discussed for at least 2 years now with no movement whatsoever.

Is it possible NOW to start up this forum?

Brian

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.