Newest Members
Bennett, 0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2
12503 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
asdude1981 (33), Avery46 (51), hans32 (46), jean-noel (49), Kirk (59), Kirk Wayne (59), Mechanical (21), OldTrafford (50)
Who's Online
6 registered (JW1230, lapchinj, traveler, 3 invisible), 83 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12503 Members
74 Forums
64193 Topics
447968 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#337070 - 07/28/10 08:58 AM Texas man sentenced to 99 years in starvation case
GeorgeMartin Offline

Loc: USA
Link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100728/ap_on_re_us/us_starved_children

The cruelty and inhumanity of some human beings just disgusts me!

My sibling and I went through similar experience as this article indicates. There are "parallel's" in this article (which is linked above) that I read this morning that give me the creeps.

I might post a follow up on how this article compares to our experience as child abuse victims as well.

#337084 - 07/28/10 10:41 AM Re: Texas man sentenced to 99 years in starvation case [Re: GeorgeMartin]
GeorgeMartin Offline

Loc: USA
As children, I recall being terrified of the utillity room bathroom as well. That is where some of the assaults happened. I tried to keep the door to the kitchen locked to keep him out. But mom didn't like that. Then she began to demand that the door be left open while we did "our business". He would just come around through the end of that part of the house and through two sliding glass doorways to get at me anyway. There was no escaping either of them. If it wasn't one of them parents, it was the other.

I used to get up in the middle of the night to go upstairs to use the bathroom, but after being cornered, well I just began pissing in the corner of the basement bedroom instead and crawling back into bed to sleep. Of course it began to stink, and she would get so mad at me. She'd grab the vinegar and me, rubbing my face into the carpet, beating on me like she did. Who was the deviant animal? Me or them? I still don't know.

I was 57 lbs, 2 months AFTER we left that adoptive home. That was at 11.5 years of age. The doctor said we weren't starved. We emotional disturbed and small for our age. Thats what he concluded. Then when we were adopted the 2nd time round, he concluded that the emotional distrubance "poof" disappeared. We began gaining weight all of a sudden. Must be the onset of puberty he concluded. Everything had an explaination. More likely an excuse for his own apathetic b.s. thinking and protectionism of himself and the perpetrators of our childhood torment!

As for the sexual abuse, this article also parallel's my childhood too. My twin and the natural born twins were not sexually abused that I know of while I was in the home. Only I was. Of course, I could be wrong. But so far, the dynamic is that Father and his nephew didn't do those things othet than to me. No one siblings has ever come forward and said, Dad did the same to them. It was just me out of all of us five children. Even my own sibling says "no, you were abducted by aliens" and "what happened to you happened to me, we were together all the time". Fact is, we weren't ALWAYS together in that household and he, somewhere in that sibling brain of his, knows it all too well.

The only difference between this article and the reality of our childhood was that the mother, the aunts and uncles, and even the grandparents seem absent in these children's lives. Also these children got justice, they got their evil sick basterd of a father into prison for 99 years. Which isn't really the truth at all. He could conceivably get out of prison sooner on good behavior, etc. None of my perp's got a single second in jail or were accountable nor responsible for their words or actions against my sibling and I. They never admitted to anything. And no one forced them to or investigated a damned thing that side of Child Protective Services when it was made known to them what we had endured in that home! Another thing is, these children are getting "professional" therapy. Our help was our foster mother, God Bless and keep that woman for all she did for us when we came to her. Yet I can't help thinking she was manipulated by the system of DSHS and CPS as well back then, now reading the sealed adoption records that CPS pilfered through and redacted.

I wonder if years from now, the siblings of the girl will tell her that the csa abuse couldn't have happened, she was always in the bathroom with them all the time. Or that she was abducted by aliens and that it is a "screen" memory to mask some sort of "alien abduction"?

I am so thankful that these children did not die. That they were saved. My mind says saved from what?, a life of remembering such a tormented past that belongs only to them? What kind of life is that?

It would seem there is a little bit of our 1st adoptive tormentors in everybody in society. I got up this morning, turned on my computer to check my emails and this article stared me in the face. Just what I needed.

So much for drinking a cup of tea, and enjoying the morning like "normal" people do.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.