Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
asdude1981 (33), Avery46 (51), hans32 (46), jean-noel (49), Kirk (59), Kirk Wayne (59), Mechanical (21), OldTrafford (50)
Who's Online
3 registered (susie, Tanis2105, 1 invisible), 11 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64192 Topics
447955 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#336963 - 07/26/10 11:17 PM I feel like I'm not recovering
axatt Offline

The things that have happened to me are very recent and not quite yet in the past. I feel like there is something I need to overcome or gain before I can really move on from this. I have taken very small steps to reach the point where I'm at now. Compared to a year ago I am doing fabulous. After much effort I actually got myself to feel. I was so traumatized that I felt total apathy to what was happening to me. Eventually I broke that down and was able to be hurt and be angry for a change.

Now I'm in a weird place. I'm stuck between my past feelings that had prevented me from doing anything and my feelings now of wanting to move foreward and recover. I barely know how to explain it and I can't even begin to explain what I feel like I need. Right now I'm not sure how to go about that except talk about it until it makes sense. I'm also wondering if anyone else has encountered this kind of problem.

#336964 - 07/26/10 11:32 PM Re: I feel like I'm not recovering [Re: axatt]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

axatt,

Glad you found us but sorry you have the need. Come on in and get acquainted.

You say you've been able to move from apathy to hurt and anger. It's part of the process, Friend. Proof positive that you are progressing! smile That's the good news. Bad news is that dealing with these issues is not something that most of us find we can do in a short period of time so hunker down for the fight. You'll learn a lot about yourself during your recovery and will come out the other side grateful for having learned those things. It is pretty horrific some of the things many of us went through during our assault or abuse, but as they say, we can take those lemons and make lemonade smile

#336967 - 07/26/10 11:58 PM Re: I feel like I'm not recovering [Re: WalkingSouth]
ericc Offline
MaleSurvivor

Axatt,

I know for myself the process can have its ups and downs. Sometimes all seems to be going great, and then all of a sudden I feel stuck or just don't know where I am at. But then it picks up again. It just isn't straight linear progress, there is often some rough spots along the way. Keep reaching out and hang in there.

Eric

#337009 - 07/27/10 01:35 PM Re: I feel like I'm not recovering [Re: ericc]
LW1527 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Salt Lake City Ut
You are stuck in two worlds. Sometimes it wil feel like you are only in the past. Other times between the past and present. Someday the past will be taken care of and it will fade as you move and anchor into the present. But you can't go forward into the future until you take care of the past. Right? So, for right now, you are where you need to be which is taking care of the present and the past at the same time and doing a very good job of it too.

#337010 - 07/27/10 01:36 PM Re: I feel like I'm not recovering [Re: LW1527]
LW1527 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Salt Lake City Ut
Oh, by the way, I'm very glad you are here too!

#337013 - 07/27/10 03:49 PM Re: I feel like I'm not recovering [Re: LW1527]
axatt Offline

I've never looked at it that way before. Glad to know I'm in the right place for where I'm at now. I appreciate all the reassurance. =)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.