Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
closure (24), esp22 (40)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63239 Topics
442219 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#336977 - 07/27/10 08:51 AM favorite underwear
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
this topic got thrown around in chat a few times... got me wondering about it... does anyone else have a favorite brand, style or whatever kind of underwear...

i know that when i got into my teens i switched from the white briefs to colored briefs. the main reason was because my dad and i wore the same size and sometimes our underwear got mixed up. sometimes i got his and he got mine... *shudders*..... anyway, i switched to colored so that it wouldn't get mixed up...

well, later into my late 20's early 30's as i started to really gain the weight i switched to boxer briefs. i really like them because they feel like briefs but help in chaffing. don't have the upper thighs rubbing together..

however, there was one brand that i really liked a lot. can't remember the name of it but jc penney's sells the brand. they used to have a style of boxer briefs that they sold that i LOVED! they were the most comfortbale underwear i owned. i picked up a few of them.

later, to my dismay, i learned that this company no longer makes that style anymore. i'm totally bummed about it. i haven't found one that i liked as much since....

in a weird way it's like how i view relationships.

i go through and see ones i like, try them out to see if i like 'em or not. the ones i like i keep close to me and try to have as many of those type of people around.

interesting that i find a close friend and you can't find anything like them again. kind of like that favorite kind of underwear... hmmm... maybe it's a way for me to realize how special that person is and that there's no other relationship just like it.

ok, i'm totally weird... i just compared my close friendships to underwear...LOL...

my story

my vlog

#336982 - 07/27/10 09:56 AM Re: favorite underwear [Re: Obi]
Castle Offline

Loc: NJ
I like J-crew boxers specifically.

They changed the cut, ruined it a little, but still good.

I buy them on sale so the patterns are all over the place. LOL

HMMMM, TMI, but I like to rip apart my undies when they have passed their time. Small rip turnes into me ripping them off (think Hulk Hogan) LOL the wife is always in hysterics.

Let me know when we start the T-shirt thread....I usually wear Gap Pocket T's (white, black, grey) and they ruined those as well frown

H

My posts can self destruct at any time..read them while you can.

#336983 - 07/27/10 10:04 AM Re: favorite underwear [Re: Castle]
Silly Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
I don't think I can compare my undies to relationships, but I can relate to Castle...LOL

here's my fav - Starter Mid Thigh No Fly Pouch

http://seriouslysilly67.blogspot.com/

The Round Table, Men's Sexual Abuse Group, Monday 7:30pm CST, MaleSurvivor Chat

#336995 - 07/27/10 11:59 AM Re: favorite underwear [Re: Silly]
Mulligan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
whatever my wife puts in my drawer

#337015 - 07/27/10 04:57 PM Re: favorite underwear [Re: Mulligan]
caesar14 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Gamewell, North Carolina
Unico - midcut Boxer briefs. Oh so comfortable.

#430727 - 04/10/13 08:03 AM Re: favorite underwear [Re: Obi]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
Old thread...but timely since I need to restock.

My wife usually stocks my drawers with t shirts and underwear.
I'll wear whatever...depending on the circumstances...Gap Boxers most of the time...or plain no-fly briefs. I've tried boxer-briefs, but instead of the best of both worlds, I never know whether to pull them down or hike them up during the day. I don't need to fight a boxer rebellion all day.

Will

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#430749 - 04/10/13 11:38 AM Re: favorite underwear [Re: Obi]
DavoSwim Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Iowa, USA
I've come full circle. Briefs -> Boxer Briefs -> Boxers -> and back to Briefs.

The new Calvin Klein Concept Micro briefs are incredibly comfortable. I never want to take them off.

DavO

#430756 - 04/10/13 12:50 PM Re: favorite underwear [Re: Obi]
Castle Offline

Loc: NJ
Ha! Thanks for the repost laughs.

Actually i was at the mall the other day returning something for my wife and speed into jcrew. They were out. Maybe next time.

My posts can self destruct at any time..read them while you can.

#430819 - 04/10/13 11:30 PM Re: favorite underwear [Re: Obi]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Great thread! Thanks for bringing it back. My preferance is bikini briefs. I like the feeling of support. Hate the feeling of my junk swinging around in my pants all day.
....it's life's illusions I recall, I really don't know life at all. "
Joni Mitchell

#430852 - 04/11/13 04:22 AM Re: favorite underwear [Re: Obi]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
I like also those that are more tight. Not sure if it is term bikini briefs good one as I've seen some strange looking things with it, lol. I need to have support but at same time to be comfortable.
Only during winter I can wear boxer-briefs as sometimes it is too warm for me to wear it if it is not below zero outside, lol.

#430864 - 04/11/13 09:53 AM Re: favorite underwear [Re: Obi]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
Because my family was Euro-centric, I ended up with some unique styles from extended family shopping in Germany and Italy. So i ended up with these no-fly cotton tiny things as a small kid.

At about 10ish, my mother or her crew only shopped via the Sears catalogue, as my father never took me shopping (ever). So I ended up with those gawd-awful high-waisted white cotton briefs. The stupid things went half way to my neck!

I can actually laugh at those "high-towers" now; not back then. I still remember being presented with "what you got from Sears." Holy gawd Mom!!!! Are these things underwear or belly-warmers?? And what the heck is with the layers of fabric in the back ("double panel seat"). I still don't understand why.

Stupid things would be above blue-jean waistbands if you went shirtless in the Summer.

Back to no-fly Euro.

Still's Globs

New Video

#430963 - 04/12/13 12:58 AM Re: favorite underwear [Re: Obi]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
this thread is so weird! sorry - but i just can't avoid the mental images. it reminds me of my pre-induction physical in Chicago during the Viet Nam war. there were hundreds of guys going through the building from station to station - following colored lines painted on the floor - for nearly a whole day - wearing just their skivvies and shoes. ever take an intelligence test wearing just your underwear? it is surreal. there was every variety of underwear and footwear - from flip-flops to cowboy and constuction boots, from micro-bikinis to over-sized boxers. i felt sorry for the few guys who were going commando!

oh - btw, my favorite brands are 2Xist and CK - the sport-cut briefs with contoured front and no fly. and i never allow anyone else to buy mine - ever since i was in my teens.

lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#431037 - 04/12/13 03:41 PM Re: favorite underwear [Re: Obi]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/26/14 10:54 PM)

#431157 - 04/13/13 09:33 PM Re: favorite underwear [Re: Obi]
stumpy Offline

Loc: illinios
tightey whities always wore them and the older the better. when theres no elastic left then its time to get rid of them

#431164 - 04/13/13 10:05 PM Re: favorite underwear [Re: Obi]
TJ jeff Offline

MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
seems I can remember a thread somewhat like this one a while back - but could'nt find it...

I guess some people would say that I've got too many underwear - because I've easily got over 200 pair - I've worn just about every kind made over the years

as a kid it was tighty whiteys - but I grew to hate them because that is what I was abused in (and they where used to "clean-up" and then I'd still have to wear them after that) - so as son as I started making my own money I started buying my own - colored briefs - then around 15 I switched to bikini style - even tried thongs (guess my mind was trying to make myself feel more like a sexy man the women would be interested in) - military gave the option of boxers or tighty-whiteys so i went with boxers (guess my mind was still running from the childhood) - after military I went to boxer briefs - then to straight boxers - now i go back and forth between them...

I guess to make a long story short... I don't have a favorite underwear (maybe that's why I have so many)

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#431506 - 04/16/13 11:17 PM Re: favorite underwear [Re: TJ jeff]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, my fraternal brothers.

TJ jeff is right that there was a thread or 2 about this subject. Both are from long ago. If anyone is interested in reading about that subject back in the "old days" here is the places to look.

Male Survivor forum. Title. Underwear post. #258769, 29/10/08.
There is a trigger warning on it also.

Next up was,
Sexual Identity Issues.Underwear Fetish post #327459, 05/04/10.

Me? Colored bikini briefs colored, Hanes.
Also being i'm in a 10-14 year old boy mind frame & not an old man.
Recently I bought a pack of the old style briefs of the 40's, 50's & 60's. Colored ones natch. (In my day white was all you could get.) Fruit Of The Loom. I like to be that boy at times & i'll put 'em on. That was what i wore during my abuse.

I've always had around 15-20 pairs of (drawers military speak).

It just drove my wife crazy why i needed so many pairs as she washed clothes every week.

Right now i'm down to 17 pairs & I only put them on when i get dressed to go into civilisation. Plus i also wash once a week on average.
Most of the tie around home i'm wearing my long john bottoms all year 'round as i'm always cold.

So some thoughts from the past right up to the present.

Just don't go asking about the masturbating subject....

Wishing my brothers here well in healing.

"I will take that lost boys hand, and I will lead him from the depths of darkness, into the sunshine, forever into eternity."
As he is me.
Pete..Irishmoose.
May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#432748 - 04/28/13 01:39 PM Re: favorite underwear [Re: Obi]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
What's "underwear"? smirk

#434035 - 05/08/13 12:41 PM Re: favorite underwear [Re: Obi]
Moveforward Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
As a child growing up in the 1970s and early 1980s it was old fashioned white briefs. It was just about all the same for boys as we hit the locker room and showers after Gym.
As an adult I have tried just about everything imaginable, white and colored briefs, bikini (Euro slips) briefs, trunks, boxer briefs, and boxers. Favorites, I suppose, are still briefs and slips.

#438582 - 06/18/13 06:00 PM Re: favorite underwear [Re: Obi]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
Lol, funny thread. I think all little kids wear briefs, as I did. They then generally move to boxer shorts (I never did- besides a silk black pair that my brothers and I got for one Christmas)- but after a while I moved to, I guess they are boxers, but they are good fitting ones rather than loose things.
I really have no idea what the difference is between trunks, boxer briefs and boxers- I googled bikini (euro slip) briefs- but i'm still not sure I know what they are.
But I think I get it lol. I've never really thought about the difference that much. But hey, I still think having sonic and knuckles on your underwear is cool lol.

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#438592 - 06/18/13 08:46 PM Re: favorite underwear [Re: Obi]
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
This made me smile... as a kid, the white belly warmers that rode above the jeans... now... fruit of the loom whitey tighties... and at home when doing chores... loose gym shorts and commando... but I am alone so its really okay.

#438730 - 06/20/13 01:30 PM Re: favorite underwear [Re: Obi]
firebird Offline

Loc: the western hemisphere
none ever i like to hang free
moving from one flavor of ice cream to another is always annoying but there's only so much room in the freezer

i would like an exact clone of the goddess i dated last
please

Edited by firebird (06/20/13 01:31 PM)
'The flower you love is not in danger...I'll draw you a muzzle for your sheep...I'll draw you a fence for your flower...I' I didn't know what to say. How clumsy I felt! I didn't know how to reach him, where to find him...It's so mysterious, the land of tears.

#444100 - 08/12/13 12:07 PM Re: favorite underwear [Re: Obi]
Rich1967 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: PA
This thread...feels like an initiation to the club. At least this one is fun. Some other club initiations can be...well not so nice.

Boxer briefs are the most comfortable thing. Feels free, but not flying all over the place. Tried Hanes first and the fabric is very good, but I think I like fruit of the loom that has a lower cut. Makes me feel sexy! It also encouraged me to lose weight and exercise some more to look sexy. I'm still waiting for my wife to notice...sigh.

"Me too" - I don't think I will ever get tired of saying or hearing these two words.

My Story:
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=441625#Post441625

#444103 - 08/12/13 12:27 PM Re: favorite underwear [Re: Rich1967]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
Originally Posted By: Rich1967
I'm still waiting for my wife to notice...sigh.

LOL! I love it!

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#444113 - 08/12/13 02:43 PM Re: favorite underwear [Re: king tut]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I've always and forever worn conventional briefs. However when I was teaching in a tropical country for 2 years, I got so hot and steamy (temperature-wise) that I started getting skin problems, especially between the legs. Fungus infections become rampant under those conditions. I was forced to switch to boxer briefs. It really did make a big difference in skin health and comfort. I even acquired a fungus infection in the nails of one hand (the scratching hand) smile

Puffer

#444140 - 08/12/13 09:33 PM Re: favorite underwear [Re: Obi]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
I guess most folks fall into one category or another in the brief vs. boxer debate without much middle ground.

For me it was plain white briefs as a kid with a switch to boxers as a teen. Now, I'll wear either one depending on my mood. Sometimes a guy just needs a little more support---running or working out. If I go with the brief, they have to be low-rise without a fly. Otherwise, everything gets out of sorts. For boxers, i just like the regular Gap boxers in stripes or plaid. I never found the boxer-briefs to be workable. I want one or the other instead of a hybrid.

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#444275 - 08/14/13 07:18 AM Re: favorite underwear [Re: Obi]
Farmer Boy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Australia
OK

I've been watching this discussion for a while and thought I better add my voice.

I grew up with briefs usually blue, black or striped. Boxers were for sleeping in (again blue, black, striped or checked). Still kind of works that way.

Leading up to the birth of my son I read somewhere that Steve Irwin (Crocodile Hunter) Wore boxers for 3-6 months prior to conception to make sure he had a boy (lower temperature sperm etc) and also that you have to do 'it' a lot around ovulation because the boy sperm don't survive as long as the girl sperm....so you are basically flooding the area with sperm to give the boys the best chance of getting there first. Sorry if that is TMI. Anyway it DID work in Steve's and my case ..... maybe it is an Aussie thing. Anyway my point is that for that 3 months, for the first time in my life I wore boxers all the time. And it just about took me that long to get used to it.

Anyway so now, like Will, it depends on my mood or what I am doing. In summer I nearly always go commando because frankly it does get damn hot down under. I also had a bee in my bonnet about circulation for a while.

When I do wear briefs I wear Bonds GuyFronts. You probably don't get them in the states. They are very comfy (no seams) and kind of a modern twist on the old 'Y' fronts. Except the fly on the front is really only for show and form. They are pretty low cut and the fly isn't really functional.

I really only wear boxer briefs or trunks (that my wife has bought me) for those special occasions and they don't stay on long anyway.

Lee

#444326 - 08/14/13 07:28 PM Re: favorite underwear [Re: Obi]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
yep - i have "special occasion" underwear too. these i wear only to bed - and usually for extra action:

there are a couple of pairs of silk boxers - one for Christmas - i know - very corny! and a pair of elegant paisley ones. they feel great.

and i have a pair of Marvel super-hero trunks and a pair of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle ones that have pictures of the 4 of them and the word "AWESOME!" all over.

a couple of years ago i wouldn't have had the guts to wear any of them. in fact when i started here i confessed to an underwear fetish that was very triggering for flashbacks - but with the help of my T was able to turn that around so that it is now a positive turn-on with my wife's participation!

i keep the ordinary cotton boxers for sleeping in.

lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.