Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
adam319 (46), Bellemaman (36), Bob G. (58), S D Witwicky (38)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63226 Topics
442125 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#336832 - 07/25/10 05:16 PM Accidents due to distractability
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
I've had 2 accidents in the past 7 months (one in December 09 and one today). They have both happened when returning home from my CSA group. I have to think this is not a coincidence and it likely is due to the subconscious processing of the meeting. Has anyone else done this? Both were rear end accidents minor damage slow rate of speed.

Jason

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#336833 - 07/25/10 05:23 PM Re: Accidents due to distractability [Re: onlyakid]
kidneythis Offline

I suppose having some time after the meeting to wind down and chat about stuff brought up or just about life might help you get past this distractability.
It's not unreasonable but I'd think you'd notice it. So if you think you are, you probably are distracted.

#336836 - 07/25/10 06:52 PM Re: Accidents due to distractability [Re: kidneythis]
jls Offline

Be careful doing anything the remote bit risky after group since there is always the possibility of your mind being somewhere else when you need it the most. After group I've encountered flashbacks while on my way home and it wasn't pleasant. I was walking, not driving, so the risk wasn't the same but I still felt afraid and vulnerable being by myself on the street while it was happening. JS

#336841 - 07/25/10 07:12 PM Re: Accidents due to distractability [Re: jls]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
If you find this to be happening, I might suggest trying to find a trusted friend or speaking to one of the organizers of the group to have someone take you home. Everyone is different but a prudent person would find it dangerous to yourself and others to drive yourself anywhere following group.

And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#336951 - 07/26/10 07:38 PM Re: Accidents due to distractability [Re: catfish86]
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
Over the years of dealing with MST, I have had trouble keeping my mind on the task at hand.
Mostly because of intrusive memories. Or flash backs. This has caused me to double and triple check things .
Because when I was working as an Automotive Technican. I specialized in brakes and suspension. This is something that if a mistake is made it could cause someone there life.
I was a bundle of nearves most of the time.
The Veterans Adminstration finaly told me to stop working and put me at 100% disabled. Due to being raped while serving in the US Army.

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.