Newest Members
jmr2191, autumn, tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom
12425 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 28 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12425 Members
74 Forums
63808 Topics
445554 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#335874 - 07/12/10 07:04 PM The reasons why I love my man !!
Pattycakes Offline

Loc: Canada
I love him because he's kind, smart, funny, dresses well.

I love him because he's more open, because he respects me, because he's well travelled.

I love him because he makes me laugh ! I love because sometimes he farts ! I love him because he's handsome.

I love him because he looks tough. I love hime because I feel safe with him. I love him because I've always felt I could take care of myself and now that I'm with him, I feel I can lean on him sometimes.

I love him because he likes to drink cheap beer and doesn't think I'm a snob for drinking imported beer.

I love him because he takes good care of his aging mom and dad. I love him because he's reading Mike Lew's Victims no longer. I love him because he's in therapy.

I love him because he watches what he eats. I love him because he makes me want to quit smoking.

I love him because he's really a superhero in disguise. I love him because he sees me as such as well ! I love him because he's my hero.

I love him because he makes me want to be a better person. I love him because he is already a good person (despite what he thinks).

I love him because he is who he is. I love him because he's nice to my cat.

I love him because I got to know him. I fell in love with him and can't get up!

I love him because I wouldn't be the person I am today if I hadn't met him. I love him and will always be there for him. Through the good and the bad, through the pain and joy, to share precious and frivolous moments with him.

I love him because he lets me....

Pattycakes

it would be a nice thing to say why we love our guys!

#335877 - 07/12/10 08:13 PM Re: The reasons why I love my man !! [Re: Pattycakes]
Lavinia Offline

This is an awesome thread, Pattycakes - what a sweet idea! Despite all the problems Zack and I have had in our relationship, we try very hard not to go to bed angry with each other. He makes me smile when I'm depressed. He is kind and sensitive and thoughtful. He and I trust each other completely. He kicks my butt at chess but always makes sure we play at least two games so we both have a chance to win. I love him for many reasons, but most of all I love him because he can be himself around me, and I can be myself around him. We are "real" with one another, therefore giving us both the space to laugh, cry, scream, dance, sing, grow, and heal.

#335931 - 07/13/10 10:45 AM Re: The reasons why I love my man !! [Re: Lavinia]
Turquoise Offline

Pattycakes,

My new T (who I really like) asked me this very question just a few days ago! So here goes:

I love him for his personality, which is kind, caring, determined, smart, open-minded, supportive, creative, calm, funny and so much more...

I love him for his incredible knack for diplomacy -- for being able to say difficult things in ways that are always sensitive

I love him for taking care of his ill mother -- even though it is very difficult

I love him because he gives the best massages in the world and spoils me with them all the time

I love him because he is passionate about art, which is something we share

I love that he is sweet to my 95 year old grandma -- she calls him "her boyfriend"

I love him for often "sharing my brain" -- it is bizarre how many times we will both open our mouths to talk and the exact same thing will come out

I love him for cleaning the bathroom, which is something I hate to do

I love him for cutting his own hair. Sometimes it turns out a little crazy, but I think this adds character!

I love him for being able to eat really spicy food -- he takes it to the next level and enjoys it

I love him for being naturally athletic -- I have two left feet and find this to be really impressive!

I love him for seeing who I am through and through (and for putting up with me on my grumpy days)

I love him for sharing his CSA with me (which wasn't easy), and for working so hard at dealing with what happened to him after so many years of burying it deep down inside of him. I can see how much courage this takes.

I love him for recognizing that things are hard for me, for being able to say, "I'm sorry." I may not know what the future holds, but these are things that I will always appreciate.

... There is more that I love ... too many things for just one post ...

#336739 - 07/24/10 06:59 PM Re: The reasons why I love my man !! [Re: Turquoise]
Susava Offline

Loc: Mississippi, USA
Wow!
Why I love my man....
We have been together for 21 years,
Through many smiles and tears.

I am always finding new things to love,
Like trying a dark chocolate dove.

We have 2 wonderful boys,
All three are always asking for toys.

I love his motorcycle, and he taught me to ride,
He is always the first one on my side.

He encourages my family and our friends,
He is my best friend to the end.

He is sweet and handsome and oh so strong,
I can't believe to me he belongs.

"Believe in someone, trust yourself."

#336817 - 07/25/10 02:42 PM Re: The reasons why I love my man !! [Re: Susava]
broken13 Offline

Loc: ohio
Currently I love my husband for digging in the past to help heal us for the future.

He could have turned the other way but he didn't.

This is a very hard but brave thing to do and above all right now, I love him for being brave.

(and I love his Harley too ...)

... there is a cost to the soul of a person when trust is broken.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.