Newest Members
tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom, JohnWC, KKumar
12423 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12423 Members
74 Forums
63803 Topics
445536 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#336657 - 07/23/10 08:12 PM Just holy crap
kidneythis Offline

Edited by kidneythis (07/23/10 08:13 PM)

#336660 - 07/23/10 08:44 PM Re: Just holy crap [Re: kidneythis]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: kidneythis

For those of us abused by members of the military this comes as no surprise.

Allen

pufferfish

#336699 - 07/24/10 10:18 AM Re: Just holy crap [Re: pufferfish]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
My worst perp retired from the Navy and Army. He used techniques used on POWs in Vietnam and Korea, both of which he was involved in. Many of them are drawn by the potential for power over others and often ability to abuse others.

And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#336802 - 07/25/10 12:26 PM Re: Just holy crap [Re: catfish86]
kidneythis Offline

It makes sense that since doctors etc are sometimes perps that officials/professionals in other fields would be as well but I never think of it until confronted with the truth.

I suppose that is why I was so shocked. I see homosexual abuse and homophobia easily in the military but pedo's don't automatically fall into that category for me. I'd never have thought of it until I saw the article and thats probably why they got away with it for so long.
The carelessness that lead to them being caught indicates long term comfort with doing it leading to them feeling like they were bullet proof.

#336838 - 07/25/10 07:08 PM Re: Just holy crap [Re: kidneythis]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
There are many "bullies" in the service. They are expert at wrapping themselves in the cloak of the chain of command. One incident that happened to me: A Caption, who was my company commander, weighed about 250 lbs at 6 ft. As part of our physical training, one day a week we would play random games. One of those was called "combat soccer", a rather rough affair combining rugby with soccer (a soccer ball was used and you could kick it but it could be picked up and when tackled you surrendered it. Goals were scored by putting it through 2 cones about 8 yards apart. "Minor" injuries were common with a medic often doing stitches on a pool table after the games. During this, the captian grabbed me from behind and literally lifted me off the ground by my underwear and bounced me up and down. I then made it a point, as he got winded (it wasn't all muscle by a long shot), I easily knocked him over on the muddy field. About the third or fourth hit that I knocked him down, he broke his arm. I then got my promotion points dumped the next day. I never got promoted to sergeant. I left the military in frustration.

Anywhere you have persons in authority over others, bullies are attracted to it. Remember that sexual abuse/rape is often more about power than sex. They often are politically skilled at painting their complaining victims stories as frivolous allegations. This is seen in the Catholic Church, every protestant faith, muslim faith, buddhism, public/private schools, sports leagues, business, government, farming, family life, dance, martial arts, police, military, sea faring ships and every other corner of human existence. The only thing that really surprises me is when people profess being surprised.

And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#336939 - 07/26/10 05:38 PM Re: Just holy crap [Re: catfish86]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Does the "service" actually attract certain types of people?

Allen

#336947 - 07/26/10 07:12 PM Re: Just holy crap [Re: pufferfish]
kidneythis Offline

Allen,
No.

#337023 - 07/27/10 06:04 PM Re: Just holy crap [Re: kidneythis]
ComicBookGuy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: London, England
The only upside is that they were dumb/arrogant enough to use Government gear to commit their crimes, so they can be tracked and identified for next time.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.