Newest Members
GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy
12465 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyrus (44), Dupe1978 (36), James_Is_Talking (36), K-man (58), LordShiningStarr (36), ricky (51), Shawn Hope (29), teresa (42), Warner82 (32)
Who's Online
3 registered (Obi, JW1230, 1 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12465 Members
74 Forums
63998 Topics
446697 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#335840 - 07/12/10 08:28 AM Roman Polanski freed
kidneythis Offline

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-polanski-20100713,0,6925065.story

#335846 - 07/12/10 09:13 AM Re: Roman Polanski freed [Re: kidneythis]
pluckmemory Offline

Unbelievable!!

It also means, however, that Polanski can now never return to the US. I believe in karma, and he is going to pay the price for what he did.

#335848 - 07/12/10 09:23 AM Re: Roman Polanski freed [Re: pluckmemory]
kidneythis Offline

Here is the contact info for the Swiss Department of Justice

Bundesamt für Justiz BJ
Addresse
Bundesrain 20
3003 BernTelephone:031 322 41 43
Fax:031 322 78 79
E-mail:Postmaster@bj.admin.ch
Internet:http://www.bj.admin.ch

#335857 - 07/12/10 01:48 PM Re: Roman Polanski freed [Re: kidneythis]
Anomalous Offline
Greeter Coordinator
MaleSurvivor
TruTV this morning was discussing the fact that Switzerland was refusing the extradition to the United States. They are basing that refusal on the fact that the United States has failed to provide them with a confidential legal document.

Uncharacteristically, the Swiss are more interested in whether or not the 42 days Roman Polanski spent in a county jail (of a 90 day sentence) undergoing psychiatric evaluation constitutes the entire sentence of incarceration, rather than be concerned that he drugged and raped a 13 year old girl.

Polanski fleed the United States before sentencing after he learned that the judge might not accept the 90 day sentence worked out in the plea bargain.

Some details of the news story are here:

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/roman-polanski-freed-swiss/story?id=11143629

However, just because the Swiss are refusing to extradite Polanski to the United States does not mean he is "free."

Should Roman Polanski venture into a country other than France or Switzerland he will be subjected to extradition.

Anomalous

Edited by Anomalous (07/12/10 02:14 PM)
Edit Reason: addendum

#335860 - 07/12/10 03:14 PM Re: Roman Polanski freed [Re: Anomalous]
kidneythis Offline

He did not serve any time for his crime.
It was not the US that was trying to extradite him it was the City of Los Angeles where he is a convicted rapist paedophile who absconded while on Own Recognizance before sentencing. The document that the Swiss wanted was none of their business and had nothing to do with anything about his extrdition. Mr polanski's lawyers were using the popular opinion of Americans as heathens and narrow minded to try to whip up, successfully in this case, a false impression of the case as being unjust or taking a second shot at him. The Swiss Justice Dep. also used the fact that LA had not asked them to hold him in the past, assuming LA knew he was there or had a home there, as pretense to say mr polanski had a reasonable right to believe he was safe from extradition in Switzerland. Nevermind he was a wanted convicted felon.

The 42 days were of a possible 90 day evaluation period for presentence investigation by the probation department. He wasn't incarcerated he was voluntarily there to be evaluated as part of his guilty plea.
They could have taken 90 days but as with most cases it took less, in his case 42 days to do the evaluation.
He was never sentenced and never served any time.

Edited by kidneythis (07/12/10 03:20 PM)

#335907 - 07/13/10 06:04 AM Re: Roman Polanski freed [Re: kidneythis]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Drugging and raping a 13yo nets 90 days in a jail psych ward?

And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#335940 - 07/13/10 12:56 PM Re: Roman Polanski freed [Re: catfish86]
kidneythis Offline

Hi again here is a link to the whole story from 10-25-09. It describes the entire event and is TRIGGERING. It describes the assault and how the whole case was diverted from the central fact of the planned and calculated rape of a child.

He wasn't given 90 days for anything but an evaluation. 90 days is the standard time limit for these evaluations to take place, which usually take much less than 90 days. He was never sentenced and never served any time for his crime. As is indicated by the Judge offering that he should finish out the 90 days at the same hospital, giving him credit for the 42 evaluation days at a psych hospital as if they were prison time, and then leave the country. If he did not accept this deal he would get serious prison time. He walked out of the court room went to the airport and got the last seat on a flight to London when he heard this offer.
The evaluation was to determine what kind of pervert, if any, he was. It turned out to be a joke as the evaluators were enamoured of him and doted upon his celebrity and personal history (mother died in Auschwitz) rather than his paedophilia. I had forgotten he was also openly dating 15 year old Nastassia Kinski in Europe at the time and that he was 43 not thirty something. I have no doubt there are dozens of other children he has abused whom have been groomed by this phony "sexual sophistication" they use as a ruse over there to preconditon the whole culture to accepting child sexual abuse.
Anyway here's the link. Ther are many articles in the LA times.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-polanski25-2009oct25,0,5115267.story?page=1

Edited by kidneythis (07/13/10 12:58 PM)

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.