Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cainrafael (28), GL (67), JohnP725 (66), Lloydy (61), Marie-TwoOfUs (35)
Who's Online
4 registered (4 invisible), 28 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63188 Topics
441837 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#335683 - 07/09/10 04:01 PM Treatment for Alcohol Abuse
jls Offline

I've finally come to the the conclusion that I require treatment for my drinking. What's more is that I sucked up the courage to tell my boss and a few close friends and family members, as well as my counsellor, that this is what I plan to do. I was astonished by the outpouring of support for me as a result of my disclosure. It was very hard for me to do, given that up until now I've gone it alone in my struggles for most of my life. Anyways to make a long story short my employer is willing to give me all the time off I need. His words were "as long as it takes", and I can claim disability benefits while I do so. Anyways now that I've told people there's no backing out now. I suppose that was my strategy. JS

#335701 - 07/09/10 09:35 PM Re: Treatment for Alcohol Abuse [Re: jls]
kidneythis Offline

Congratulations. I wish you well. Do you have a plan of action?

#335728 - 07/10/10 01:01 AM Re: Treatment for Alcohol Abuse [Re: jls]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
jls,

That sounds like a really positive step forward.

Allen

pufferfish

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.