Newest Members
Anony_mous, Drew6991x, Miro, jj843, The Abyss
12364 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
gryffindor (67), KevinSweeney (57), latinflavor815 (52), latin_flavor_815 (52), RTMark (33), sabooka (35), southpaw10 (46)
Who's Online
1 registered (JW1230), 29 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12364 Members
74 Forums
63547 Topics
443996 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#282630 - 04/07/09 03:30 AM Trembling
jls Offline

When I was younger I remember shaking in fear from what was about to happen. Is this normal?

#282632 - 04/07/09 03:40 AM Re: Trembling [Re: jls]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
It sounds a lot like a symptom that parent's miss in Mic Hunter's book ABUSED BOYS. I believe that his list of symptoms that parents miss is on pages 49-50 of his book, which is now 20 years old.

Did you ever ask your parents not to be left with your abuser or shake in fear or cry when faced with the prospect of being left alone with them?

Did you later employ any security strategies before going to bed like setting a booby trap or wearing clothes to bed or sleeping with a weapon?

I would say that your experience falls into the general guidelines of these symptoms.

Mark

#282634 - 04/07/09 03:57 AM Re: Trembling [Re: Trucker51]
jls Offline

I slept with a weapon as soon as I was old enough to join the military. Before that I did what I could to survive.

#286784 - 05/08/09 09:58 PM Re: Trembling [Re: jls]
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

I dont remember trembling when I abused but i do remember being told to stop shaking when I was cold

I tremble now when I tell my story and when I am terrified

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

#335508 - 07/07/10 12:18 PM Re: Trembling [Re: jls]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: jls
When I was younger I remember shaking in fear from what was about to happen. Is this normal?

I don't actually remember shaking. But I did have some strong responses.

Several weeks after the horrendous abuse when I was 12, my mother and the mother of my little (11-year-old) friend Tommy decided that they should take us swimming to the water hole.

There was a beautiful open and flat place where a stream flowed gently through it (yes, like the movie). Boys' mothers would bring them there in groups in cars to swim (the boys, not the cars) (no skinny dipping allowed).

When I got out and saw the boys swimming I had this most horrendous panic attack kind of a reaction. It was so bad that I had to go to the car and sit out the swimming time. A beautiful spot turned into a bad memory.

Allen

pufferfish whistle

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.