Newest Members
squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous
12368 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Avyi (49), cross29min (59), Dartel (50), ernie (70), flightmedic38 (40), jggab (42), kev (66)
Who's Online
4 registered (JW1230, TW16, 2 invisible), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12368 Members
74 Forums
63565 Topics
444116 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#336933 - 07/26/10 04:57 PM Re: I just watched Sybil [Re: pufferfish]
kidneythis Offline

Allen,
Here's food for thought. When you say her face is different on each side as if that were abnormal I keyed on that. First because my upper body is lopsided due to the abuse of my foster mother.
then I remember women I have been with over the years, all of whom are not symetrical. And in general discussions it is a truism that nearly none of us is symetrical in any of our parts, that is why perfect symetry is so appealing.

My thought is that you may be reading something into a natural difference that is not there. I may be wrong but I thought it might be interesting to you to hear that perspective.

KT

#337042 - 07/27/10 10:44 PM Re: I just watched Sybil [Re: kidneythis]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
KT

Thanks for your input on this question.

I think her face does reflect bilateral emotional assymetry. I know there is such a thing. I have it myself. That's why I was able to pick it out of the faces I have included in this thread.

Dissociative disorder sometimes affects the use of the eyes. I have that problem and I know of others who have it. There is another condition called amblyopia which a bunch of people have and it is not necessarily at all connected with dissociation. But when the eyes are involved it makes the eye problem much more difficult to treat. And when the eyes are involved it apparently results in the bilaterality of the face. Beyond that I don't know what other conditions cause it to affect the eyes. I don't think any opthalmologists or optometrists in my area understand these things at all.

Allen

pufferfish cool

#337576 - 08/03/10 09:05 PM Re: I just watched Sybil [Re: pufferfish]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

What about this guy?

This guy had an injury at birth and has worked very hard on his eyes.

Allen

#337631 - 08/04/10 07:43 PM Re: I just watched Sybil [Re: pufferfish]
GeorgeMartin Offline

He worked on hard on his eyes because he is vain "into-himself" because he has had to "promote himself", to pay his bills, like any actor or promoter would have to.

That doesn't mean he and or everyone that has a "crooked" look about them determines that they have dissociative identity disorder.

My 2 cents worth.

#340135 - 09/12/10 10:51 PM Re: I just watched Sybil [Re: GeorgeMartin]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

I have been doing my eye exercises since this thread was active. As a result, I went through some tremendous eye strain and pain for maybe a week. Then the strain and pain started to subside. I think I have been making real progress in doing this.

Doing this has made me aware in a new way how my eye problem was caused by abuse.

Allen

pufferfish whistle

#360803 - 04/26/11 04:20 PM Re: I just watched Sybil [Re: pufferfish]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

What about this one?

If this offends anybody I'll gladly take it down.

Allen

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.