I saw what happened in Toronto today and I am appalled, not just by the actions of those committing the aggression but also because they let themselves be defined as unintelligible and violent. As an anarchist, the idea of adopting a shared responsibility to one another in the form of an organized, equally inter-dependent community that relies less on the state than on each other is what appeals to me, not randomly smashing windows and burning police cars. It could be argued in some quarters that they were reacting against the police or were only damaging property and not hurting people but neither holds water. It started as a peaceful mass protest which the police mostly left alone until the actions of a few ruined it for everybody. Same goes for innocent people trapped in stores while self styled anarchists terrorised those inside by smashing windows, starting fires outside and tossing feces in. Forgive me but if there were a new world order would I want these to be the people running things? The irony is that they acted like they were in charge at the expense of the majority who just wanted to have their voices heard.