Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
4 registered (don64, 3 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12318 Members
74 Forums
63369 Topics
443118 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#334597 - 06/25/10 05:56 AM Bowel problems
kidneythis Offline

So I had this car accident a moanth and 15 days ago and my left side was seriously injured. The bag prevented marks except on my hip and shoulder but now I've got near constant discomfort in my transverse colon just left of midline and on to what I figure is the sigmoid colon. Before and after that I don't feel anything. This pain comes from normal function. Evacuation has been slowed and my doctor has put me on laxatives yet I still have pain that has me out of bed right now at 2:35am.
The thing that I'm griping about is that the doctors have all ignored my reports of pain and said I'm fine and refuse to do any sort of imaging study to see what is going on. My left belly is distended beyond the right, something else they all ignore, by a couple inches and it just fucking hurts especially at the spot just below and left of the sturnum whenever something is moving through.

I've never had this sort of problem before and whenever I've been constipated it was always an amorphous sort of bloated feeling not pain in one spot as if there was a restriction there. It honestly feels like a sausage skin filling and stretching looks, when waste passes through that spot.
If you've followed my posts you'll know I've been having medical blacklist problems and I think that is playing a part here. I think the doctors are just ignoring me and what I report or the reports that don't agree with what they want it to be.

Its enraging and frightening because they are taking chances with my health to stroke their own pathetic egos. The other thing is I get no explanations when I ask questions. They tell me what they decided and when I ask if why this or that they just don't answer me as if I didn't even speak. This is how the manipulation that triggered my recall started.
If I insist I have been told "this is my medical opinion" what fucking cowardly scum. How fucking insecure do you have to be to fucking get through medical school then hold something over the head of a powerless patient? What I think is that they are taking a chance "hoping" I recover and my questions will expose this.

#334668 - 06/26/10 12:28 AM Re: Bowel problems [Re: kidneythis]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
kidneythis

I've likewise come to the end of medical doctor's expertise in a number of areas. And yes they can be arrogant. And yes it is often difficult for them to listen. In some later post I'll enumerate these.

Did you have any visible bruising after your accident, that is in the area you are concerned about. Did you have any black and blue marks? Does your pain depend on what foods you eat? How long has it been since this happened?

Allen

pufferfish

#334685 - 06/26/10 10:58 AM Re: Bowel problems [Re: pufferfish]
kidneythis Offline

No the torso was protected by the airbag. The pain is there since the accident.
The last time he suggested IBS and reluctantly agreed it could be caused by the trauma of the accident. I'd rather it was imaged and diagnosed properly.
As for foods I haven't been able to eat much red meat for years. I think I mentioned on here that I learned about eating for full nutrition recently which had me functioning normally full time for a while. I didn't know hwo improtant protien inm the morning was until I started getting it. I use Glucerna and eat beans, squash, and corn mainly. I can add other food stuffs to that but I'm trying to lose weight.
Thats another thing I have gained 7-10 lbs since the accident. Not eating right again. I'm getting back to normal eating now I have a bad habit of using food to treat pain since I have a disconnection to my body pain levels. The thing is using laxative it shouldn't matter what I eat.

#334686 - 06/26/10 11:17 AM Re: Bowel problems [Re: kidneythis]
kidneythis Offline

I want to add here that even when I had very slow bowels I never felt the waste moving through and my colon never hurt like this. This pain is in the same spot all the time. I was always able to cause a movement within 24 hours by eating certain foods. These foods are far less effective or not at all and there is the pain.
Since I'm not sick the intestine probably isn't ruptured in the regular sense but may be torn or stretched.
I think there is one or more of several things going on, a partial inususeption that is mild enough that I'm not getting seriously ill, and that is what I keep feeling as waste moves past and is likely what is slowing things down even with the laxatives, torn viscera which has allowed the intestine to move out of position maybe kinking it and possible but less likely severe bruising and damage of the liver which left most edge lies over this area of the stomach and colon. I'm not sure if its between the stomach and colon or lays on top of them as I didn't get to disect the torso of the cadaver we had in A&P class. I haven't tried to dig up my old books yet either.

Edited by kidneythis (06/26/10 11:20 AM)

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.