Newest Members
RepressedMem, jet_step, JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut
12468 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kinghenri (26)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12468 Members
74 Forums
64031 Topics
446842 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#334673 - 06/26/10 07:59 AM Male Survivor Guardian Weekend Article, UK
ComicBookGuy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: London, England
Short and to the point but gives one individual view about the "is it better to never have remembered" debate.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2010/jun/26/twin-rewrote-childhood-memory-loss

#334689 - 06/26/10 12:04 PM Re: Male Survivor Guardian Weekend Article, UK [Re: ComicBookGuy]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, my brother, CBG,

Thanks for posting that.

At first when all this CSA stuff came to the surface, i was 69 1/2 years old. I was in the depths of my soul & hell too. I kept asking myself & others, just why couldn't i have carried these memories to my grave? The anger, pain, trembling,Tears, hiding in the dark & shame. Why me? Why now?

But, while reading the book Victims No Longer, and getting to know little Pete & my T sessions & this web site & those WoR's.
As, i was learning about that little boy, i started to realise, that i was lucky, indeed.

I have learned more about myself in the last 22 months, than i learned in the previous 69 1/2 years.

It's been rough & it hurts deepley. But, i am one of the believers, that i am better for having not taken this stuff to my grave.

Because of that little boy, by the name of Little Pete is ME . And i would never would have met him if i had taken it to my grave.

And the debate will go on. But not for me.

Heal well, my brothers, heal well.

"I will take that lost boys hand, and i will lead him from the depths of darkness, into the sunshine, forever into eternity."

Pete..Irishmoose.

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#334691 - 06/26/10 01:21 PM Re: Male Survivor Guardian Weekend Article, UK [Re: petercorbett]
kidneythis Offline

"In the years that followed, I never recovered emotionally I didn't regain my memory and I was very detached from the rest of the family. I didn't have a clue that there was a lot more to my past than Marcus had ever let on."

More proof of my assertion that not knowing is no protection from the damage of childhood abuse. It only makes one rename the problem and thus makes it impossible to find resolution until the problem (the specific event in detail) is properly named.

I think he is being a forgiving and loving brither to allow that finding out so much later in life was OK. His statement quoted above is proof of that.
I'd be livid. I am livid. My family knew and still knows a lot of what was done to me and still refuses to tell me.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.