Newest Members
MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy, WeFallWeRise
12464 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
isol8er (43), omrfople (38)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 14 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12464 Members
74 Forums
63992 Topics
446668 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#334107 - 06/18/10 07:34 PM Well its that time of year
kidneythis Offline

I've never much thought about it but my only good memory of my father from childhood is me being with him in his car. I was still quite young and he was letting me pretend to drive. He used to take me out to supermarkets to pick up women with me. Getting me to say things to them that made them go awww.

We had some ok times when I was older after the abandonment and torture years. The whole family pretended nothing had happened to me, or anyone else for that matter. We were a house full of strangers and had no clue about how to be human let alone family.

Now I look back and I'm sickened that he used me to be unfaithful to my mother at the same time he was beating her because he imagined she was unfaithful. I also now think it possible me bouncing in his lap might have been sexual. I doubted the idea as soon as I wrote that.
Anyway his cruelty and deliberate undermining of me is what stands out. After all who isn't kind to infants. When I was becoming a person he did all he could to ruin me. All the time lieing to his friends about me and the things I did to get his love or get away from his abuse or just plain did as a plea for help.

He died in August and I didn't care. I hadn't spoken to him in over 10 years and only once by accident in the 5 years before that. Fucking lowlife had come to the hospital uninvited to walk into my mothers room and said to her she looked like shit less than 48 hours after having a lung removed at the end of months of chemo!
It only hurts that I want a dad not that I want him. It feels a lot like the pain when I was a child as I waited for him to come rescue me from that hellhole his sister abandoned me in and he never did.

I still wonder if they did make money off of me. There should be some way for me to find out if they got money from the Gov over what was done to me.

Edited by kidneythis (06/18/10 07:40 PM)

#334499 - 06/23/10 06:29 PM Re: Well its that time of year [Re: kidneythis]
WalkTheWalk Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
Originally Posted By: kidneythis
It only hurts that I want a dad not that I want him.

This statement is exactly how I feel about my Dad who died in Feb. I too am saddened that I did not get a healthy dad in my life. When he died, my sisters all went around the circle and talked about a happy memory that they had with him. When it became my time to speak, I could not thing of an example. I know there were moments, but the abuse and the mind-games he played erased any positive memories I had with him. However, I do remember him teaching me how to drive as you do and I will count that memory in the "good" column. Thanks for jarring that one loose.

- Sometimes boys with a thousand nightmares become men with a million blessings.

#334547 - 06/24/10 12:34 PM Re: Well its that time of year [Re: WalkTheWalk]
overcomer4life Offline

Wow. You guys have lived my life. My dad beat my mom uncontrollably until one day she got free and divorced him and moved on. He never admitted what his brother did to me. IN fact, they are close friends to this day.

Strangely enough, the same father who told me I was a major f***-up and that he was sorry he had anything to do with bringing something like me into this world (Father's Day '08) sent me a friend request on facebook on Father's Day 2010. DENIED of course.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.