Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Daniel McKinney (35), Framery (44), JohanDoug (70), ltlkty (55)
Who's Online
5 registered (Robert Barrett, tbkkfile, lapchinj, 2 invisible), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63177 Topics
441781 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#205882 - 02/18/08 02:40 PM "symptom" Question
usmc97 Offline

Loc: Colorado
Is their anyone that actually relives what happened to them?

I don't mean bad overwhelming memories or body memories or nightterrors or "acting out" or intrusive pictures or out of body experience or third person view or self mutilation or hellucinations.... etc.

I mean the real deal, complete, literal, all inclusive acts outside of anything most people can understand.

The statistics? 1 in 4, 1 in 6?
...then there's me the imaginary number

#205909 - 02/18/08 04:54 PM Re: "symptom" Question [Re: usmc97]
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
I have the same night mare some times as much as 6 to 8 times a month. and they are very real to me. What You are describeing is called a flash back . and Yes I have ben there NO I don't want to go back. No one that has not experienced PTSD could hope to understand it

US.ARMY 76

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

#206005 - 02/19/08 12:10 AM Re: "symptom" Question [Re: OKIE MIKE]
thecoopstah Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: massachusetts
I,too agree emphatically that no one that does not have PTSD can/will understand...i have had literally hundreds of flashbacks...

IE....cold sweats,being chased,chest pain,hyperventilating,cant catch my breath,throat feels like it will close at times,.....every last one of these symptoms are indicative of PTSD...so yes i have had nightmares,etc etc etc
Thecoopstah

#206010 - 02/19/08 12:21 AM Re: "symptom" Question [Re: thecoopstah]
usmc97 Offline

I wasn't talking about flashbacks either, I have those aside from what I was trying to explain. I don't feel that anyone gets me. It's lonely.

#206474 - 02/20/08 09:53 PM Re: "symptom" Question [Re: usmc97]
Chester Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Long Island, NY
Be more specific. Your topic says "symptom", but you seem to be suggesting what happened to you keeps happening. Do you mean alone or with another person? Or am I totally off base?

#206528 - 02/21/08 01:48 AM Re: "symptom" Question [Re: Chester]
usmc97 Offline

I do mean that what happened to me keeps happening, I don't know how else to explain when being specific. I simplify it and I just get more questions. I've tried to give specifics in other posts and I still don't get understood. Either form I mean exactly what I say.

Whether someone is there or not doesn't matter anymore because the damage is "as if" there was.... rationally there is no one visible and I do not do anything to myself during sleep. The evidence says my perps do it to me.

I try to state what's NOT wrong with me because folks jump to conclusions. I don't have any chemical inbalance or anything else other than my diagnosis of "severely acute PTSD" but that don't justify it because that was given more because they don't have anything else to call it. I've been on every med you can think of. I've been in therapy for years and jumped through every hoop possible to find that this "symptom" has only attached itself to me with no relief in sight. I'm trying to find that I'm not alone with this curse. I know everybody on this site has issues but in all these years nothing has come across as the same. It's frustrating, I live so scared.

#334095 - 06/18/10 05:27 PM Re: "symptom" Question [Re: usmc97]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Scared, yes, my dear brother, but not alone, and believed.

Sam

#334184 - 06/19/10 06:51 PM Re: "symptom" Question [Re: usmc97]
kidneythis Offline

Let me disclose first. I am finding that the wild things that my mind has always thrown at me and I considered an active imagination are in fact flashbacks and fearful reactive imaginings. I got so used to ignoring them I don't hardly notice them. But I see they do harm me by makeing me unable to concentrate and make things difficult. I think I also have dreams in which I relive events.

"Whether someone is there or not doesn't matter anymore because the damage is "as if" there was.... rationally there is no one visible and I do not do anything to myself during sleep. The evidence says my perps do it to me."

USMC97,
I think it is important whether or not someone is there. Chester was asking because if it is someone there you are being assaulted and should act to protect yourself and report it. If no one is there it is a reliving of past events which needs some kind of therapy.

What is the evidence? You aren't as clear as I need to understand. That sentence I quoted is confusing.
From what I see you wake up with new damage to your body and whatever evidence you find indicates your abusers did this damage to you. By "your abusers" I expect you are talking about those whose abuse lead you to MS.
If this is so,
Why do your abusers still have access to you and why don't you wake up during the night when it is happening?

#334246 - 06/20/10 05:52 PM Re: "symptom" Question [Re: kidneythis]
usmc97 Offline

"they" "them"... refers to the worst of those who did things to me, a rather large group of men.

I ment whether somebody wants to call "them" ghost, spirits, flesh n blood, demonic, etc.... it just don't matter what "they" are or what they are constructed from, the fact is that "they" are real and capable of the things that "they" do to me.

The damage done is things that people don't really want to hear which consist of things both internal and external, so I've said things about the other evidence, markings and things not done by skin conditions, body memory, or the like.

You ask the last question as if I have a choice, I've never had a choice then or now.

None of it makes sense, it's not logical, it's not rationalized... it just is. My issues are only partially mental, sometimes it seems that that is unacceptable.

#334261 - 06/20/10 07:04 PM Re: "symptom" Question [Re: usmc97]
kidneythis Offline

Well the last question was meant to find out if it is a current abuse situation. I see now it doesn't sound like that. Sorry if I insulted you it does come across badly.
If it is the case that it is current then we know you need protection since the train of your thread indicates you cannot get away. We can ask the people who run this site for help in getting you out of that situation.
If it isn't a current abuse situation then it's a mental presence and that requires someone with training to help you deal with these phantoms. I think it is commonly called flashbacks and reliving. This is a known symptomology that has known effective treatments.

The choice you have is to act in some way to help yourself or not to act.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.