Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
clutzygurl (22), dun (50), Gene (50), ufp1964 (50), Zoot (68)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63359 Topics
443045 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#334158 - 06/19/10 11:28 AM Boys' Coach Sentenced to only 2 yrs after confess
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Montreal: Thierry Massimo, 42, pleaded guilty in March to three charges of sexual touching and 23 charges of sexual luring. Massimo's 15 victims were all players on his soccer team, boys aged 12-16.

http://news.ca.msn.com/local/montreal/article.aspx?cp-documentid=24622773

Parents of the boys are stunned by the 2-year sentence. They expected at least a 7-year sentence.

pufferfish

#334160 - 06/19/10 11:49 AM Re: Boys' Coach Sentenced to only 2 yrs after confess [Re: pufferfish]
Pattycakes Offline

Loc: Canada
... that's weird. I followed that story a bit and was expecting a harsher sentence. It seems as the man was very deceitful since no one had a clue he was that kind of person. He was actually loved and appreciated in the comunity.

his lawyer said : "He has a problem that will not disappear, it will be controlled. (...)'

By WHOM? There's never any followup after jail time. The system is overloaded. I just hope that people will not forget his name and be on guard when he's out. well.... I don't even think that a two years sentence is enough for him to go to jail. Wanna bet he's gonna get 250 hours of communal service?

SOB....

Pattycakes

#334219 - 06/20/10 10:09 AM Re: Boys' Coach Sentenced to only 2 yrs after confess [Re: pufferfish]
kidneythis Offline

He hasn't yet been sentenced according to the article. It is his Lawyer who is asking for two years, the Government (crown) is asking for seven. I'm pretty sure this sentencing hearing was for those concerned to testify and give evidence and make their positions known about what they think should happen.
The last line states he will be back in court in three months for sentencing.

#334224 - 06/20/10 12:19 PM Re: Boys' Coach Sentenced to only 2 yrs after confess [Re: kidneythis]
Pattycakes Offline

Loc: Canada
... yeah, I know... it's just that our justice system here is soooo lenient for these types of crimes and it upsets me. I'm betting he'll get two years nonetheless.
...life sucks...

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.