Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
2 registered (motmcd, 1 invisible), 16 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63366 Topics
443084 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#334039 - 06/18/10 07:01 AM I'm off
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
Well, about to leave the house to go camping again, just bought loads of marshmallows for the cubs because i seem to be the only one that ever remembers (to use at the camp fire).

It may rain tomorrow which would be a real shame, since tomorrow night we want to do the huge camp fire. It is boiling today, so i am going to be sweating my butt off putting up tents.

I cooked a big chicken curry yesterday, which was kind of stupid of me, because i couldn't eat it all in one day and now i will be away all weekend. Oh well, lesson learnt, such a nice curry too.

See ya! i will let you know how it goes

Lewis

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#334043 - 06/18/10 08:01 AM Re: I'm off [Re: king tut]
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
have fun lewis.

my story

my vlog

#334063 - 06/18/10 10:50 AM Re: I'm off [Re: Obi]
TJ jeff Offline

MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
I hope your camping trip is a good one Lewis

burn a few marshmallows for me smile

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#334120 - 06/18/10 10:42 PM Re: I'm off [Re: TJ jeff]
Logan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
Good for you buddy!
Have fun and take care of your tikes, as I'm sure they will have fun too.

Logan

-Blade Runner

#334123 - 06/19/10 12:18 AM Re: I'm off [Re: Logan]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Lewis,

Thank you for what you are doing for the cubs. That's a neat thing to do. Eat a marshmellow in my name.

Allen

pufferfish

ps you can send me the curry via email

#334394 - 06/22/10 09:30 AM Re: I'm off [Re: pufferfish]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Camping was great, it could have been hotter on the Saturday though- didn't do all the water activities we had planned because they would have got cold later.

Another group joined us for the big camp fire that we did and that went well, although i thought it was better last year when we did more of our own songs. There were some good camp fire stunts, although as a leader the other group kept selecting me to go up to get humiliated, my cubs cheered me on so i didn't have much choice- it meant getting wet and dirty. It was cool though.

Had two or three unwell kids (home sick), although did have one little boy who was sick. I seemed to be the one looking after the sick ones, ill ones and scared ones. I had it all under control though. Lots of the kids had teddy bears, but next year i will remember to take this teddy bear that i call "the general" for the ones that get ill or scared to hold on to.

There was me as a leader and another leader from my pack. We had a few helpers too, which was great. We had 27 cubs with us! 6 of them were from another pack who joined us because they only have a small group and are not set up for camping.

The other leader of my pack gave me a big box of cans to show his thanks, which was nice, he didn't have to do that. I can't post any pictures of the cubs, but when i sort my photos i will post a photo of my leader when he did his "psychic warrior" camp fire stunt. Just so you can see how he dressed up.

But yes, i am really happy how the camp went, the cubs had a good time and had time to play by themselves- that's important, not to crowd them too much with activities, they like to have time as free play.

I look after the cubs every week, but even i forget how helpless they are, on camp you really have to parent them. Being asked to tie up so many shoe laces and shorts i am making that a priority for one of our meetings- learning to do up laces. Most of them can but a few can't. As cubs they should be good at doing knots etc.

Our scout leader came down with one of his scouts and helped out, made a rope bridge and made donuts with the cubs on the fire, those donuts were the best!

Oh, also there was a "lord of the flies" moment. One of the boys found a little finger puppet, a stuffed brown rabbit that didn't belong to anybody. He wanted to burn it on the fire. After some negotiation and a mutiny by the cubs i agreed to this. They were crazy lol. My leader made a little cross for it afterwards- that seems to be a growing tradition on camp, last year the beavers came with us and the beaver leader- a big man, fell over a mound of dirt and made a dent in it. My leader made a cross, put it on the mound, and when the beaver leader walked past all of the cubs joined hands and sang Kum ba yah.

Anyway, i am starting to write an essay here, we did lots of things, and we gave medals to the best six at the end.

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#334400 - 06/22/10 09:54 AM Re: I'm off [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

I also just made a big post about stonehenge and tried posting it but lost internet connection, how frustrating. If i have another spare hour i will re-do it!

#334413 - 06/22/10 12:05 PM Re: I'm off [Re: king tut]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Lewis,

Thanks so very much for a good report.

Allen

pufferfish

#334414 - 06/22/10 12:08 PM Re: I'm off [Re: king tut]
TJ jeff Offline

MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
is good to see that you and the cubs had a good outing

always wanted to do scouts myself as a kid - but unfortunatly I was'nt allowed - mom said it was too expensive and would take too much of her time to run me around to activities

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.