Newest Members
Xr2, clt, Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung
12371 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (44), eagle299 (43), H18 (21), JJJ (43), mariposaman (63), SevenTwoTwo76 (39), TexAgMan (37), waiter (44), wgwarch (55)
Who's Online
5 registered (Obi, BraveFalcon, 3 invisible), 69 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12371 Members
74 Forums
63585 Topics
444228 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#334111 - 06/18/10 07:57 PM Re: How to diminish the appearance of scars? [Re: Logan]
kidneythis Offline

To dimish the appearance of scars use cocoa butter. There are also clear sticky bandaid like things you can get in the pharmacy.
I have successfully used cocoa buter. It doesn't make itdisappear it slowly blends the scar into a color that better matches the nearby skin. I have a scar that half of the cream always rubbed off and is now a third to half red and the rest is a bit lighter than the skin next to it. It probably took 6 months or so to have a result.

Edited by kidneythis (06/18/10 07:57 PM)

#334115 - 06/18/10 09:28 PM Re: How to diminish the appearance of scars? [Re: kidneythis]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I had to have surgery done on my hand several years ago. In physical therapy afterwords they talked about scars. I'll try to remember what they were. I think one involved a parafin dip and massage. One was a taped-on thingamabob.

I know this is too vague to be of help but I know that there are other ideas out there.

Allen

pufferfish

#334613 - 06/25/10 11:20 AM Re: How to diminish the appearance of scars? [Re: Logan]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
This morning (June 25, 2010), on the TV Doctors, there was a demonstration of the use of a laser in eliminating scars. It was very simple. There was no anesthetic needed. (In otherwords, little pain)

http://www.thedoctorstv.com/main/show_page/D2034-1

They treated a burn survivor who probably had a much more difficult case than described here. The treatment does require time to allow the skin proteins to regenerate after the treatment. Probably several treatments would be required.

http://www.thedoctorstv.com/main/procedure_list/654

Simple.

Allen

pufferfish whistle

#334696 - 06/26/10 03:13 PM Re: How to diminish the appearance of scars? [Re: pufferfish]
Logan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
Thanks a bunch for the info Kidney and Allen. I think I will give the cocoa butter a shot, it is inexpensive and I have seen it at the Pharmacy.

Thanks again guys and I will update this to let you know if it works for me.

Logan

-Blade Runner

#334697 - 06/26/10 03:46 PM Re: How to diminish the appearance of scars? [Re: Logan]
kidneythis Offline

Be patient it takes a while. In fact you won't even notice the change. But after a while it will fade to a different shade of the surrounding skin.
Thise girls with burn on their faces looked pretty good for having been burned. So that method how ever expensive is also good if you hit the lotto I guess:-]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.