Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
5 registered (DougieB, Ocellaris, 3 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63370 Topics
443122 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#333900 - 06/16/10 05:27 PM insane thoughts
wayne9 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: alabama
Something that seems really strange to me. If what was done to me was abuse…….and if abuse is bad……Why at the age of 48 would I have wants and desires to have the same acts that was done to me as a kid done to me now. Something that has ruined my life in ways. Something that has caused me to miss out on some many normal things in life. Why do I think this way. It sounds completely insane….
Tim

#333909 - 06/16/10 06:43 PM Re: insane thoughts [Re: wayne9]
Mountainous Buck Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minnesota
Hi tim

I'm not sure how long you've been in recvery or what resources you have taken advantage of-I had thoughts and desires for years that I now see were directly tied to my csa-parts of me even adjustd them over the years even tho the csa was deeply repressed to my conscious mind.

Traumatic and abusive introduction to sex really messed me up in ways I am still dealing with. I have abstained from acting out these patterns sexually for eight years now, and found/learned healthy ways of relating to the world and of being sexually intimate and emotionally vulnerable and supported .

In my mind I tried to rewrite the>

Edited by Mountainous Buck (06/16/10 06:45 PM)

“It doesn't matter where you've come from,
It matters where you go" Frank Turner

#333911 - 06/16/10 06:56 PM Re: insane thoughts [Re: Mountainous Buck]
Casmir213 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northeast, USA

Tim,

You might find this "Ask the Sex Doc" post helpful.

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showthreaded&Number=331257#Post331257

If this link doesn't work (I'm a computer clutz), then you can go to the "Ask the Sex Doc" forum and check out the "what causes someone to eroticize" post.

Rocco

Edited by Casmir213 (06/16/10 06:59 PM)

WoR Alumnus - Hope Springs, OH, October 2009

My avatar is the farmhouse at the Hope Spring, OH WoR. It's a nice place.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.