Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (51), CAW1980 (34), Fissy Tsickens (53), Kris (52), Wheatthins (23)
Who's Online
7 registered (Jwmcd2, Suwanee, 1islandboy, Cthulhu, 2 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63177 Topics
441774 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#333883 - 06/16/10 02:45 PM intro
Zak Offline

I posted this intro earlier today and flew into a panic. I don't know what I am so afraid of. I woke up the other morning and had a massive anxiety attack. Iíve always gone on living life saying to myself that what happened in the past doesnít matter but apparently it does and I am very distressed these days. I am new to all of this and Iíve never expressed it to anyone until now. I live with guilt shame and regret for just about everything in my life. Iím Zak, I was abused by my step dad for around 6 years while mom worked nights. All I really know right now is I am tired of being alone with all of this and I need help.

It's nice to meet you all

#333890 - 06/16/10 03:18 PM Re: intro [Re: Zak]
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
welcome zak,

you are no longer alone. you are among other survivors that understand your thoughts, feelings, pains and so on...

take your time. open up when you are ready. we'll be here to help... you're journey has begun...

todd

my story

my vlog

#333892 - 06/16/10 03:32 PM Re: intro [Re: Zak]
rewiringed Offline

Hi Zak,

Welcome to MS. While I'm relatively new to all of this myself, I've found these guys to be welcoming and supportive. When I began to read the survivor stories on this site, I realized I was in the midst of people who would understand me.

You're not alone anymore, Zak.

Ed

#333974 - 06/17/10 01:13 PM Re: intro [Re: rewiringed]
Regs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oklahoma
Zak, you are no longer alone. You did nothing wrong. Believe me when I say you can be free of the shame, guilt and regret. I am living proof. Welcome brother and welcome to your healing journey.

I am sorry you need to be here, but I believe you are in the right place. Feel free to message me anytime.

Regs

Edited by Regs (06/17/10 01:23 PM)

#333981 - 06/17/10 01:51 PM Re: intro [Re: Regs]
Mountainous Buck Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minnesota
Hi Zak,

Thanks for posting-you are welcome here.

It's not a great club to be a member of, but MS is where you can actually gain something and break out of the isolation and shame.

Keep reading, reaching out, and being honest-take care of yourself.

ďIt doesn't matter where you've come from,
It matters where you go" Frank Turner

#334003 - 06/17/10 07:48 PM Re: intro [Re: Mountainous Buck]
earlybird Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: WA USA
Welcome Zak,

You will find in time that there are many far too many men here that will relate to your story and you thiers. Glad you found us very sorry you needed to. Earlybird

There is symmetry
In self-reflection
Life exemplified
Grace personified

#334035 - 06/18/10 12:35 AM Re: intro [Re: earlybird]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, my fraternal brother,

Welcome to MS. Here you will receive compassion, understanding & love, from your brothers (fraternal) & friends (in pain).

We all have been there, We have been into the depths of our soul & hell too.

We judge no one. we will hear your cries. We will help in your fears & we will share in your tears.

My, brother Zak, you are in the right place, at the right time & with the right people.

Be prepaired for the emotional roller coaster ride of your life. You are on your way.

Heal well my, brother, Zak, heal well.

" I will take that lost boys hand, and i will lead him from the depths of darkness, into the sunshine, forever into eternity."

Pete..Irishmoose.

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#334040 - 06/18/10 07:11 AM Re: intro [Re: petercorbett]
Zak Offline

thank you everyone so so much for this, it's way more than i ever expected. part of me feels good about this, although really anxious about it, and part of me feels sick to my stomach.

#334075 - 06/18/10 12:17 PM Re: intro [Re: Zak]
james 1959 Offline

Welcome Zak to male survivors your not alone and were here to help.Well done for taking the first step, just take your time with your recovery. Just talk and post when you are ready, but be perpare for one hell of a journey, but it will be worth in the end, you will find these things out as you go on your journey of recovery, im glad you made it to this site

Good luck

James

#334307 - 06/21/10 08:40 AM Re: intro [Re: james 1959]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Welcome, Zac,

While we wish there was no need for this site, here you will find the support, belief and trust we survivors of abuse need to recover.

Be patient with yourself, recovery is measured in months, even years.

Sam

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.