Newest Members
MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two, VASurvivor
12331 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cja (49), crackerjack (55), nursemanda25 (33)
Who's Online
4 registered (randombreeze, Jude, 2 invisible), 24 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12331 Members
74 Forums
63407 Topics
443317 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#333774 - 06/14/10 11:22 PM RT: Cyber Group, In MS Chat, EVERY Monday
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Welcome to The Round Table, a facilitated chat to discuss the actions, aspirations and developments of survivors who have made their lives about growth and freedom.

While it remains subject to all site guidelines so as to ensure the safety of the participants, The Round Table is not moderated by site moderators, neither is it a Healing Circle, and is not specifically sponsored by MS or site management. It is a true peer to peer support group. Please be aware of this as you consider joining us in our SIXTH MONTH!

Let us share with our brothers are recovery, our experiences, and encourage each other to action, to go to the next level by sharing our progress in education, secular achievements, hobbies, crafts, relationships, family, whatever we can think of that has pulled us away from subjection to a life shaped by Child Sexual Abuse and/or Sexual Abuse.

There may be some who are just a few steps behind you, that can learn from you, or have made inroads to help you!

Come and join us EVERY Monday, @ 07:30 pm, CST/CDT, Central Standard Time.

I look forward to seeing you there and sharing your success stories.

Facilitator; Sam, Sasuva

Monday evenings – part discussion group, part healing circle, but for all members of MaleSurvivor. The purpose of having a recovery group is to give us a safe environment in which to use our voices to discuss our issues. Often times members feel they must censor themselves when speaking of our issues to keep from triggering other members. Having this group, we empower us to delve into issues that we may shy from discussing elsewhere on the site.

Note that this group is a discussion group as well as a healing circle. The concept is to allow us to openly discuss issues that may pertain to the site or topics that are more general as opposed to a specific member’s recovery. For example, we could discuss MaleSurvivor’s support of it's members or society’s misconceptions of male survivors. We will also have time where we share the floor with survivors to give support and work on recovery.

In order to promote orderliness and a sense of safety in this environment, some structure and rules have to be in place:
What is said in the room stays in the room.

smile Confidentiality is important in dealing with sharing sensitive subject matter. If you wish to share about yourself in any threads, then that is totally up to you. The exception will be information we wish to be shared to enhance the site or site management to make MaleSurvivor safer or more effective as a place of recovery.

smile Check out with the room before leaving for the evening. Dropping out without a graceful exit tends to raise questions with others like “Did I say something wrong?” If you must leave quickly, try to send the facilitator a quick PM and he can pass that on to the rest of the room. Try also to understand someone may be having technical difficulties that necessitate an unplanned exit.

smile No personal attacks or name calling of any kind on other members of the circle. We are all looking for support here, not criticism.

smile Information gained from sources outside of the circle (i.e. chat, PMs, etc.) should not be disclosed inside the circle. Confidentiality should be maintained as a two-way street.

FACILITATOR
Sam aka Sasuva

SIGNUP:
Either post to this thread or, to maintain privacy, send a PM to Sasuva.

GROUP INSTRUCTIONS AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Meet in chat at start time and you will be invited into the private Healing Circle room.

==========================================================
Below is some information on how the meetings work, please print this out so you can reference it during the meeting.

smile CHECK IN
When we start the Group, there may be some short announcements before check-in time. Afterwards, when check-in time has arrived, type “CI” if you would like to do a check-in. If you feel inclined to pass, simply type “CI pass.” Check Ins should be a sentence or two about how you are doing

smile REQUESTING FLOOR TIME
If you have a specific issue to share for the evening which needs some length of time, during check-in time would be the best time to indicate that time is needed for sharing. Simply state "FT", or that you could “use some time” or “need time.” In a two-hour time frame, the maximum number of people who “need time” is best kept at four or less. If we have eight people needing time, no one would get any productive sharing or feedback for the evening. If there happens to be time after everyone has shared, anyone else who wants to share will be notified via PM that there is X amount of time left if they wish to utilize this.

smile Always type “done” when you are finished sharing feedback, questions, etc, for your turn. This indicates to the facilitator that the next person can be called upon to share their feedback, question, etc.

smile FEEDBACK
If you feel compelled to offer feedback for someone, simply type “FB” and when the last person who was sharing types “done” you should be called upon next. Once in a while a person may get skipped amidst the managing of a busy room, and one of us relies on another to keep us up on who requests feedback, so please be patient if you were overlooked, and you will be called upon. If you are the one who is sharing a specific item and desire no feedback, please let the room know by typing “No feedback please.” Often it is a policy of the facilitator to ask if a sharer is alright with questions or feedback.

smile All of us are not required to share feedback, so if you feel moved to just listen and observe for the evening, this is okay. Periods of silence in the room are also okay, if any.

smile If you feel especially triggered by content shared during the evening, PM the facilitator and the triggering content will be discussed.

smile Have a word processor open. When waiting for your turn, write your comment or question in your word processor and copy and paste it in.

smile CHECK OUT
At the end of the Healing Circle session, which is roughly two hours long, we will have check-outs which are not unlike check-ins. Type “CO” if you have a check-out or “CO pass” if not.

Please make every effort you can to be on time to get the most out of your meeting time. Yes, things happen and come up at the last minute.

I look forward to meeting and sharing your experience,

Sam, Sasuva

#334359 - 06/21/10 07:49 PM Re: TRT: Cyber Group, In MS Chat, EVERY Monday [Re: SamV]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Are you ready..? Let's RECOVER!!

Sam

#334723 - 06/27/10 03:06 AM Re: TRT: Cyber Group, In MS Chat, EVERY Monday [Re: SamV]
pbert53 Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington, USA
Hey Sam,

paul here,

i am not good with times, so could you tell me what time would the Monday mtg. be; I live in the Pacific Time Zone?

thanks man,

peace

paul

~ adapted from: Sri Ram

#334730 - 06/27/10 08:47 AM Re: TRT: Cyber Group, In MS Chat, EVERY Monday [Re: pbert53]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hello Paul,

Sure thing.

Pacific is 5:30pm, Mountain is 6:30pm, Central is 7:30pm, East Coast is 8:30pm, hope to see you there, Paul.

http://www.worldtimezone.com/

This may help, or it may corn'fuse even more, anyway, give it a look then pitch it in the bin, lol.

Sam

#334796 - 06/28/10 02:31 AM Re: TRT: Cyber Group, In MS Chat, EVERY Monday [Re: SamV]
pbert53 Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington, USA
Thanks Man,

I'll be there! I look forward to it.

That is a cool site you gave me.

peace

paul

~ adapted from: Sri Ram

#335038 - 07/01/10 02:17 PM Re: TRT: Cyber Group, In MS Chat, EVERY Monday [Re: pbert53]
michael Joseph Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
glad you are doing this on monday already on Wed
and sometimes sunday it is great cool
I have monday meeting at night

The Round Table, Men's CSA Group, Monday 7:30pm CST, MaleSurvivor Chat

#335049 - 07/01/10 06:09 PM Re: TRT: Cyber Group, In MS Chat, EVERY Monday [Re: michael Joseph]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey mJ,

Thank you for the flowers, your words of encouragement are appreciated.
I too think that these cyber men's group have an immediate and necessary function in recovery.
Take a look at the times and PM me if you want to come but may be late, ok? I will keep an eye out for you.

Pete2004 and FormerTexan are doing great work on Wednesday's and Sunday's, please let them know as well.

Sam

#335378 - 07/05/10 11:54 PM Re: TRT: Cyber Group, In MS Chat, EVERY Monday [Re: SamV]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Another successful meeting,

Thanks to the members who participated and supported this venue with their thoughts, their encouragement and experience.

Will we see you there next week? I look forward to meeting each and everyone of you, fellow survivors.

Please PM me if you have special needs and we will accommodate you as best we can.

Sam

#335889 - 07/12/10 11:20 PM Re: TRT: Cyber Group, In MS Chat, EVERY Monday [Re: SamV]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey, why didn't you come?

:-) Look forward to seeing you next week!

Sam

#336970 - 07/27/10 01:16 AM Re: TRT: Cyber Group, In MS Chat, EVERY Monday [Re: SamV]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Wow!!!
A Round Table record 16 participants!! Thank you for making this such a huge success!

I would like to thank user elam, for his guest facilitating Monday, I think I speak for the group when I say, "well done, Rhett".

We had great communication and sharing, and insightful experience's that enabled our group to encourage growth and maintain stamina in their recovery.

A special treat next week, we will be having a Guest Speaker, Dan, fellow survivor and an expert in photography. He will have a short introduction to photography and will be fielding questions about his trade, the art and the tools of his craft in a Question and Answer session during next week's The Round Table.

See you there!

Sam

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.