Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
aleja (40), bc22 (47), DavidMI (40), Forrest_Gump (39), Jay1946 (68), Malc4 (29), mpm01 (49), widpaulman (43)
Who's Online
5 registered (bcl092, finallyhere, GT13568, watzupwitu, susie), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63574 Topics
444163 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#333599 - 06/12/10 08:10 PM interesting new developments
kidneythis Offline

I'm starting to see things I've always existed with in my mind differentltly. Things I always thought were normal now seem not to be. By reading the posts here I'm starting to see I haven't been able to name these things properly. Flashbacks and panic attacks so far who knows whats next. I know more will come as I have so many things going on that I had alwasy assumed were normal and blamed my discomfort with them on me being defective.
Wow

#333674 - 06/13/10 08:33 PM Re: interesting new developments [Re: kidneythis]
kidneythis Offline

I like to look at documentaries about history. It is an escape and an education at the same time.
Along the new lines of re thinking and relooking at myself I see now that when they are about people at a disadvantage or whom are being victimized intentionally or not I become anxious and fearful. I am worried that this might happen to me.
I have often been accused and convicted by people for things I have not done. This was part of the conditioning done to me during the abuse at the shelter. I don't know how but repeatedly falsely accusing me then getting others to believe the accusation had some effect on me that now when it happens no one ever believes me.
Most often I'm not even aware of it until I'm being punished. So I guess I'm relating to them as if it happened to me as it did right up to death. I was near death many times, people began to do stuff to me just to see if I'd survive it.

Drifting again I'll stop. Seriously flashing on my medical care problems and trying to make it relate to this.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy cow this was one of the ways I tried to get help w/o triggering my abusers. I'd find ways to turn everything I say toward what I want to be dealt with so often I never learned the correct way to follow along and make seguays (sp?)!!! weird and weird. Not a happy making realization here.

#333703 - 06/14/10 09:07 AM Re: interesting new developments [Re: kidneythis]
kidneythis Offline

I woke up suddenly as I was having a nightmare car crash. I think its PTSD related. I fell back to sleep and woke again with another flashback kind of dream. I con't think of it now. I made myself wait to post for over two hours because my inner voice is telling me I'm posting too much and I'm not wanted here.

At least I recognized what it was and I remembered at least one of the dreams.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.