Newest Members
mossTI, E35, 1975, Lucy, StacyR
12337 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
3 registered (tbkkfile, don64, 1 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12337 Members
74 Forums
63420 Topics
443378 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#333866 - 06/16/10 09:54 AM Re: Hey guys.....need advice about feeling unloved [Re: happybuddha1]
WalkTheWalk Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
happy -

I have discovered that love (not sex) is anywhere you can find it. In other words, we all have opportunities throughout the day, weeks and months to exchange in loving and loving activities with a variety of people.

One of the things that I have learned over the years is in order to be loved, you have to be lovable. My definition of being lovable is having the ability to except love when it comes my way and also to extend myself to others in a loving way.

Because of my painful past, I have a tenancy to size someone up and make sure that they are worthy of my love. I also tend to evaluate whether their positive interactions or actions of love are honest. When I spend too much time evaluating, I know that I can miss opportunity to express and experience love.

My greatest experiences of being loved are when I knock down barriers, trust early and proactively give love. Proactive love giving also sets the stage for me to receive love in the most honest way.

- Sometimes boys with a thousand nightmares become men with a million blessings.

#333908 - 06/16/10 06:22 PM Re: Hey guys.....need advice about feeling unloved [Re: WalkTheWalk]
pkincrisi Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
happybuddha1,

I want to echo what some of our brothers have said. You are worthy of love--we all are. You can not only find love and acceptance here at MS, but you can find it elsewhere. WalkTheWalk hit the nail on the head when he talked about evaluating others too much.

Love involves trust and risk. But the more you reach out to love, the more you will receive. Keep reaching out, my brother.

Steve

#334216 - 06/20/10 08:45 AM Re: Hey guys.....need advice about feeling unloved [Re: happybuddha1]
michael Joseph Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
Happy Buddha

Look inside and find all that is beautiful

it is there go and search

and let your beauty shine on us so we can see it too.

Slowly you will start to feel better about who you are.

Michael joseph

The Round Table, Men's CSA Group, Monday 7:30pm CST, MaleSurvivor Chat

#334545 - 06/24/10 11:36 AM Re: Hey guys.....need advice about feeling unloved [Re: happybuddha1]
overcomer4life Offline

Believe it or not, there are times when I STILL feel that is the only way a person can show that they love me...and mine happened at least 30 years ago.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.