Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
innocence (60), pablo999 (53)
Who's Online
6 registered (lapchinj, GT13568, focusedbody, 3 invisible), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64189 Topics
447922 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#333471 - 06/11/10 09:07 AM I'm glad I only have basic cable
kidneythis Offline

I just saw the daily show online and some idiot anchor on CNN was actually talking about using a nuclear bomb on the oil spill!
Why isn't this idiocy front page news?

#333586 - 06/12/10 04:25 PM Re: I'm glad I only have basic cable [Re: kidneythis]
jls Offline

I also saw Sarah Palin blaming the deep water oil spill on environmental protection laws, saying that if drilling were allowed closer to the surface in places like her home state of Alaska we wouldn't being dealing with this calamity. Its as if she's never heard of the Exxon Valdez disaster. However, I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised by such stupid remarks as this is the woman who, while running for vice-president, said going to war with Russia wouldn't be a big deal. Duck and cover anyone?

#333593 - 06/12/10 05:56 PM Re: I'm glad I only have basic cable [Re: jls]
kidneythis Offline

Yup

"Duuuuh let me fix it boss I ain't never fiexed one o those"

The Gulf beside having oil under it is also full of gas. the water itself at several thousand feet there is a layer of some organism that forms a mat and under this mat there is millions of cubic whatevers of Methane. I do not know if this is only in a few locations or the whole gulf but a nuke would certainly set off at least some of this gas as well as blowing up this oil well which was problematic for unpredictable releases of gas. That is what caused the explosion.

Just plain unthinking and stupid especially since I'm pretty sure he wasn't serious about it but wanted to start a discussion that put him on the front page. He may even know about this methane store under the sea. It was on a documentary.
In fact this methane periodically gets released when hole are madein the mat and has been posited on many network documentaries as the cause of several if not all Bermuda Triangle disappearances. So its well known.

I think the Sarah remark about war with Russia is just as bad if not worse since that would be hundreds of surface detonations in population centers.

Edited by kidneythis (06/12/10 05:58 PM)

#333656 - 06/13/10 04:07 PM Re: I'm glad I only have basic cable [Re: kidneythis]
jls Offline

Palin's remarks about war with Russia illustrates just how unfit she is to lead America, given that U.S. foriegn policy since the late 1940's has been to avoid exactly that, a direct military confrontation between two nuclear superpowers I mean. Instead the policy of containment was followed where the US did its best to keep the Soviet Union in check by political means rather than direct military ones. Wars by proxy did occur in places like Africa, central and South America, and of course in southeast Asia where the US supported one side and the Soviets the other, which led to some awful legacies (Vietnam being one of them, the collapse of states such as Somalia and Afghanistan at the end of the cold war being another) yet while I don't mean to minimize the traumatic fallout from these conflicts, at least we as a species are still here to pick up the pieces afterwards, which we wouldn't be had a direct military confrontation occured between the United States and the former Soviet Union. Honestly given humanity's stupidity I'm shocked that we haven't eradicated ourselves yet with nuclear weapons. Even the near misses with regards to accidental launches stuns me. Some days I'll be walking down the street on a beautiful sunny day and think to myself it could all be over with in 20 minutes, the time it takes an ICBM to make it here from the other side of the globe. I realize this sounds paranoid but we aren't talking about something out of science fiction since it could happen and in the past almost has. JS

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.