Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alan Fountain (52), blindpet (31), egoror (49), Midas (33), uwa (78)
Who's Online
1 registered (tbkkfile), 22 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63646 Topics
444506 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#333640 - 06/13/10 12:21 PM Aaron vargas
kidneythis Offline

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-fort-bragg-killing-20100612,0,2242136,full.story

If it matters to you maybe go to the website and send an email asking them to edit this comment at the end of this article to include information that this idea of one having to have been abused to be an abuser is untrue.
A comment from one of McNeill's daughters is posted on Vargas' website. "Before you can be an abuser, you must be a victim. Who was Darrell's abuser?" she asks, then describes what she calls 100 years of secrecy and inaction.

Edited by kidneythis (06/13/10 12:37 PM)

#333824 - 06/15/10 06:41 PM Re: Aaron vargas [Re: kidneythis]
Nony Offline
New Here

Aaron Vargas was sentenced today to 9 years in prison. He could be paroled in 4 years. I fervently wish he'll appeal but, "Vargas' lawyer told ABC7 he will look into an appeal but does not know if there are grounds to file." I really wish his website, family and lawyer had dealt with the crime more with the "male" sexual abuse perspective (rather than just child abuse) and called experts in this field.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/state&id=7499590

#333831 - 06/15/10 08:58 PM Re: Aaron vargas [Re: Nony]
Pattycakes Offline

Loc: Canada
well, I think it isn't too bad considering how harsh the justice system seems to be in the USA. I thought he'd get around 15 years at least after reading about the story.

Nony: you're right, with the right experts, they might have gotten an eaven shorter sentence.

All in all it's half a victory that doesn't make up for a battle lost in childhood...

Sad...
Pattycakes

#333832 - 06/15/10 09:03 PM Re: Aaron vargas [Re: Nony]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
This Judge and District Attorney should read the declaration of independence, it would scare the crap out of them. People like the law enforcement, judges and prosecutors of Mendocino County are a top rate example of why the Second Amendment was put in the bill of rights, because at the end of the day, government really does not give a damn about the governed or their safety. You have to protect yourself. That is what the judge is really afraid of.

And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#333889 - 06/16/10 03:15 PM Re: Aaron vargas [Re: Pattycakes]
Nony Offline
New Here

Aaron accepted a plea bargain with the maximum sentence being 10 years. Supporters had hoped he'd get off with probation and time served--18 months-- and mental health counseling.

#333912 - 06/16/10 06:59 PM Re: Aaron vargas [Re: Nony]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

What is kind of weird is that he was convicted of voluntary manslaughter but as part of his harsh sentencing the judge cited his belief that the killing was intentional. I would be researching case history of the propriety of such a reason being used for sentencing on a voluntary manslaughter charge, particularly where the widow who witnessed the act testified urging leniency. Considering the entire establishment of that county either ignored or refused to act on multiple reports of McNeil's wrongdoing, I question whether the NAMBLA party line of "sexual orientation" holds sway in that county. It is very leftist and "forward thinking".

BTW: My reference to sexual orientation insinuating it is illegitimate in regards to pedophiles is based on the difference that attraction to ones one sex practiced with consenting adult partners is a legitimate practice (regardless of your view of sinfulness) while an attraction to a child who does not have the requisite maturity or knowledge to consent in the relationship is not legitimate or moral in any context.

Edited by catfish86 (06/16/10 07:07 PM)

#333914 - 06/16/10 07:09 PM Re: Aaron vargas [Re: catfish86]
kidneythis Offline

Leftism and forward thinking doesn't = paedophile nor does it condone paedophilia

Merriam Webster definition;
Intentional-
1 : done by intention or design : intended <intentional damage>

Voluntary, note number 3 -
1 : proceeding from the will or from one's own choice or consent
2 : unconstrained by interference : self-determining
3 : done by design or intention : intentional <voluntary manslaughter>
4 : of, relating to, subject to, or regulated by the will <voluntary behavior>
5 : having power of free choice
6 : provided or supported by voluntary action <a voluntary organization>
7 : acting or done of one's own free will without valuable consideration or legal obligation

All things considered 9 years is a shorter sentence for killing someone than a man would get in more progressive Countries and states.
I think in most places its a 10 year minimum. Don't quote me on that.

You have to remember here that killing someone no matter how righteous or emotionally satisfying is wrong.

Edited by kidneythis (06/16/10 07:27 PM)

#334027 - 06/17/10 10:55 PM Re: Aaron vargas [Re: kidneythis]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

First, my apologies for the perceived slam on leftists, I only meant that the NAMBLA line of attack uses "progressive" rhetoric that resonates with the left.

Killing someone is not always wrong. There is justified homicide. Self defense of self or others is such a case where deadly force is a legal right. I was in the Army for five years and mostly worked with special ops troops. I evaluated that for a long time. I did not say that he deserved no punishment but 9 years of a possible ten is excessive.

As to the use of voluntary in voluntary manslaughter, in the legal field specific terms have not only a definition, but elements which make up a given offense or crime. Because of this there is a type of book called a law dictionary that spells all of these out. Black’s Law Dictionary is essentially the ultimate authority in this regard:
According to Black’s Law Dictionary:
Voluntary Manslaughter: Manslaughter committed voluntarily upon a sudden heat of the passions; as if, upon a sudden quarrel, two persons fight, and one of them kills the other. It is the unlawful taking of human life without malice and under circumstances falling short of willful, premeditated, or deliberate intent to kill…
The absence of intention to kill or to commit any unlawful act which might reasonably produce death or great bodily harm is the distinguishing feature between voluntary and involuntary homicide.

In other words, by definition if Aaron Vargas was guilty of committing voluntary manslaughter, the judge had to find an absence of intention or premeditation. I have read numerous cases on sentencing where this type of inconsistency was overturned on appeal. The only reason Vargas’ attorney is unsure of appealing is likely whether the plea deal effectively precludes an appeal.

Edited by catfish86 (06/17/10 10:59 PM)

#334031 - 06/17/10 11:25 PM Re: Aaron vargas [Re: catfish86]
sono Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hold on Catfish right there pal! There's nothing abou NAMBLA that resonates with the left. Why do you on the right have to bring such nonsense into your discussions? And while we're at it I'd re-examine those christian beliefs of yours if you think killng if sometimes ok. And that's the point, you can't go around killing people, even if you have a "good reason". I know, how leftist and unchristian of me to say such a thing. I cried as I watched the 20/20 report on his situation but you just can't solve problems like that.

Kevin

#334047 - 06/18/10 08:46 AM Re: Aaron vargas [Re: sono]
kidneythis Offline

Thank you for the apology Catfish I wasn't sure you meant that. I disagree that they use progressive rhetoric. You're trying to use the label formerly applied in positive de>

Edited by kidneythis (06/18/10 09:23 AM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.