Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Daniel McKinney (35), Framery (44), JohanDoug (70), ltlkty (55)
Who's Online
1 registered (YYZGIRL), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63179 Topics
441787 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#333161 - 06/07/10 01:59 AM Hurt by "survivors" !!!------CAUTION-------
usmc97 Offline

Loc: Colorado
READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Survivors who don't believe me...

As I sit here with my tears, the latest incident has me come here to vent. I don't know how many times I've gone through this and I seem like the only one this happens to here.

How is it okay for folks here to make known to me that they do not believe what happened to me as a kid and what I experience now.... what do I have to say??? You don't have to believe me but what compels you to tell me that you don't believe me and try to make me sound like a liar? What makes it so hard to just accept that either you don't understand or that it's too much for you to take in? Instead I feel hurt by the things said. Why can't you just walk away without being hurtful and damaging? How would it feel if guys here did that to you periodically? How would that effect you?

Don't ask me questions when you don't want to hear the honest answers!!! Don't talk to me trying to make me prove myself Don't blame me because I can't explain things to your liking! I do the best I can. If it were like what one expects and what others have experienced then I wouldn't say it was different! The fact is that it IS different and I can't change that. If I could find a doctor that could explain it any better I'd let them speak for me. Everyone is lost with what to do with me and it not their fault. It's not my fault what I go through either. My life doesn't have the choices that you might have. Your implications don't make what I go through any less real or any more acceptable.

I am hurt, HURT HURT HURT HURT HURT HURT by having to go through the fishing and then the rejection and blame from you kinds of "survivors". I'm sorry my experience doesn't fit in your box. I am not you! I'm sorry I don't fit the mold what you read in books or what you've gone through.

I'm sorry I don't exist to you!

The statistics? 1 in 4, 1 in 6?
...then there's me the imaginary number

#333163 - 06/07/10 04:10 AM Re: Hurt by "survivors" !!!------CAUTION------- [Re: usmc97]
bla Offline

Loc: Northern Ireland
what is it that you think survivors do not understand about you,I'm just a new member,and i've never come across any comment from survivors about not believing anyone,we all have our own stories to tell,no one here can judge anyone else,
we all our own experiences,only we know the hurt and pain that we go through every hour of every day,but we are all survivors and we are all here to help and possible heal each other by telling what has happened to us.
alone we are nothing,but together we are whole.
Be at peace.

#333316 - 06/08/10 07:31 PM Re: Hurt by "survivors" !!!------CAUTION------- [Re: bla]
usmc97 Offline

It's a small handful of "survivors" who decide I don't exist because they can't understand. I don't have much where I feel I can relate to others. Things are in the present that I have to go through and not just the past. And my experience is not some mental disorder that can be dismissed and catagorized. They don't make a pill that can heal my body from what's done to it.

The more I go on the more I think I sound insane to anybody.
Simply, I've not survived.

#333323 - 06/08/10 08:23 PM Re: Hurt by "survivors" !!!------CAUTION------- [Re: usmc97]
nevragan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NC
Hey,
I haven't heard your story but I believe you. I highly doubt you would be on a site like this if you hadn't had something happen to you in your life. Sorry to hear that people are being rough on you. I have seen you in chat and remember you being up front about what you thought. I like that quality in a person. Hang in there. Things will get better. Hold your head high.

Andy.

#333338 - 06/09/10 01:53 AM Re: Hurt by "survivors" !!!------CAUTION------- [Re: nevragan]
bla Offline

Loc: Northern Ireland
Hi usmc97,
I agree 100% with Nevragan,stick by us survivors,who do not judge,condem or disbeleve anyone.
Many of us may have been abused a long time ago,but abuse,whatever name or form it comes under(and there are many)can happen at any stage in our lives.
If anyone here,or anywhere else,calls you are liar,a cheat or someone who just makes up stories,just for the fun of it,turn away from them.
Each of us survivors can relate to you,how many times in our lives that we were called liars and cheats.Many of us,have very close families who throught like this.
Like Brother Nevragan says,Hold you head high,You have a right to be here,and a right to tell your story here as anyone,you are no lesser or greater than anyone else here.

BLA

#333341 - 06/09/10 02:26 AM Re: Hurt by "survivors" !!!------CAUTION------- [Re: bla]
philistine Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oregon
USMC,
Some people are putzes, I sucks, but laugh 'em off.
Your experiences are yours, if they cannot imagine them happening, maybe they need to work on their imagination (or not).

"No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself" - Nietzsche

#333356 - 06/09/10 09:39 AM Re: Hurt by "survivors" !!!------CAUTION------- [Re: philistine]
kidneythis Offline

USMC97,
I have read some of your older posts. You should know I believe you. You are one of two people I know who's young life was worse than mine. I can believe all of it and it is very destructive of the psyche and ability to trust your fellow man. It leaves us with a sense of constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop.
whenever someone treats us well and a told you so attitude when someone does let us down. We don't have a normal sense of how these failures of people are normal and not necessarily related to them wanting to abuse us or the feelings they trigger.
I struggle with this daily as you do. You are not alone.

KT

#333372 - 06/09/10 01:26 PM Re: Hurt by "survivors" !!!------CAUTION------- [Re: kidneythis]
usmc97 Offline

I don't like to have this stuff on a scale.... not worse, no one's less, no "not so bad" or "not as bad".... just different.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.