Newest Members
SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo
12486 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Can-tex (45), cbchorn (41)
Who's Online
3 registered (Obi, Itchy Feet, 1 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12486 Members
74 Forums
64149 Topics
447615 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#332779 - 06/02/10 01:40 PM A bird in the hand.., and a scripture at the end
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
My son, Brady and I were walking the park we are at recently. I went into the Park Bathroom and shower house, and observed a beautiful cardinal flitting from corner to corner, trapped in the room.

Brady and I attempted to catch it, and it was trying to fly from one small ledge to another, but it was getting so tired, it could not keep its balance. We used our shirts as nets, and finally, the cardinal was too weak to sustain flight, but still made catching it a real task!

The bird dropped down to the floor, and Brady threw his shirt over the bird, and quickly scooped up the bird and shirt from the floor. The cardinal gave a loud chiiirrrrrrruuupppp! He was mad. Brady did not have a hold of the bird very well, afraid he was going to break it(I mean really, how many birds have you handled, and at 16) :-) So the bird was working its way out of the shirt, and I caught it as it was making it final push for freedom. He fluttered for awhile, then, came to rest in my cupped hands.

We took it outside to a heavily tree laden part of the park. I reached up as high as I could, and held out my outstretched palm, and the cardinal... just stood there, perched on my palm, exhausted. I gave a small pump, extending upwards, and he just bounced a little, like a shock on a car. Two, three times, each a little more vigorously, and finally, he flew off!

End of story, right?

The cardinal flew up and up and Brady and I started walking off. We got no more than two or three steps, and blonk, the bird had flown back down, on the ground in front of us. Now, he could have flown in any direction of the compass or stayed in the tree he flew into, but he came back to us.

I stooped and picked him up, this time, no hassle, he just backed up and made himself comfortable in my hands, not a cheep out of him. We walked, the three of us, I anxious to show him to the rest of the family, and Brady and I carried on a little conversation, while I strode awkwardly with my hands in front of me, carrying this little treasure.

We came to the RV, and opened the door, Sharon and Suzi inside, and I brought the bird in and showed him to the girls.

We got a picture, and were concerned the cardinal may be hurt, but, we would let him try flight one more time. Out the camper to the campground drive, extended arm, and a little coaxing once, twice, and the little shock movement again, :-D, and the third time, off he flew! This time, he was off like a shot, zooming between the trees and over the campers, and shortly, gone out of site.

Take every advantage to enjoy nature, to see Jehovah God and his happiness in it, and in us, and in you. (1 Timothy 1:11)

Sam

#332786 - 06/02/10 02:53 PM Re: A bird in the hand.., and a scripture at the end [Re: SamV]
Obi Online   content
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
sam,

great story... i'm glad that you decided to post it...

todd

my story

my vlog

#333168 - 06/07/10 08:04 AM Re: A bird in the hand.., and a scripture at the end [Re: Obi]
earlybird Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: WA USA
Nice story sam, nature speaks to all of us in many marvelous ways.

There is symmetry
In self-reflection
Life exemplified
Grace personified

#333193 - 06/07/10 12:36 PM Re: A bird in the hand.., and a scripture at the end [Re: earlybird]
fhorns Offline
MaleSurvivor

That's beautiful. Simply beautiful.

Alfred

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.