Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beluga (64), Isreal101 (65), Phil Sober (41), phil1973 (41), Teddy Bear (63)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 103 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63638 Topics
444455 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#33366 - 01/13/03 10:35 AM Re: The District, Saturday, Jan 4th 03 "CAUTION" CUSSING
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
Ross:

I agree with Muldoon, and that's a great metaphor for anger you use. I gotta remember that too!

"I feel each of us must come to our own conclusions as to the issue of forgiveness or any level of acceptance that it happened, etc. I am grateful I had some help to sort it out but my therapist was very creful about the process and never pushed or led the issue."

Ross I sure affirm that too; and I'm also fortunate enuf to have a T like that.

This I especially appreciate:

"In addition, I refuse to let those that abused me escape any level of responsibility for their actions under the technicality that "God made everything"."

Good for you. Do they think God "made" what they did to you?! Stupid arguement for them!

In fact, in my belief, it is just becuz God made everything that their actions were inexcusable and the measure of their responsibility--and accountability to God--is full!

You were/are made by God in God's own image, sacred & special, as we all are. Thus to abuse you, to abuse anybody, is detestable! Especially for those who should know this and who should know--and do--better! \:o

Ross, I'm glad you have a good T and that you are working your recovery, your process, your way. WTG & take care.

Victor

#33367 - 01/13/03 03:52 PM Re: The District, Saturday, Jan 4th 03 "CAUTION" CUSSING
RJD Offline

Loc: jefferson City, Mo,usa
I like what you wrote Ross, but I'm not so sure about the metaphor. I've not been raised around horses, but from what I understand of what it takes to become a gelding I think I might prefer a frontal lobotomy that kind of produces the same effect

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.