Newest Members
Anony_mous, Drew6991x, Miro, jj843, The Abyss
12364 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Bear (42), BoyNoMore (56), Daniel_05 (40), James Landrith (44), john kay (41)
Who's Online
9 registered (Scott1962, GummyBear, Amandla, 5 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12364 Members
74 Forums
63542 Topics
443969 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#333101 - 06/06/10 03:21 PM For me
ryan_a Offline

It is an issue of comfort. I am in a relationship with a woman now, and I love her. Our sex life is fantastic. However, my abuse left me comfortable with sex with a man. I became used to the smell, taste and feel of a man. I also have to admit that some of my most intense orgasms came when I was with another boy or a man. To be honest, once I got used to having anal sex, it became quite pleasurable for me. I would never choose a relationship with a man because my woman compliments me more. However, my abuse has left me without the inhibitions that keep others from thinking about other guys in a sexual way. It isn't that I necessarily want to be with these guys, but I am not repulsed by the idea either.

#333195 - 06/07/10 01:49 PM Re: For me [Re: ryan_a]
michael Joseph Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
Ryan you are not alone in this. There are so many different outcomes from abuse. As long as you are living the way you want to and loving yourself and others then you are on the right track. Sounds like you have a lot of awareness on what is going on with yourself sexually and what you want to do.

Michael Joseph

The Round Table, Men's CSA Group, Monday 7:30pm CST, MaleSurvivor Chat

#333238 - 06/07/10 11:23 PM Re: For me [Re: michael Joseph]
Bewlayb1 Offline

Loc: NYC
I agree, Ryan. If it doesn't interfere with your current relationship, there is no reason it should trouble you. Sexuality is more malleable than society would have us believe. It might be the stigma of being gay, more than anything, that stops the average straight men from experimentating. I understand your insecurities. But just because something is pleasurable, it doesn't mean you have to do it, especially if the alternative better suits you. And take it from me, if you ever did decide to pursue a relationship with a man, it would open up a whole new can of worms. You might have problems with trust, with guilt, with shame, with falling into patterns established by the abuse. Like me, you could end up waffling back and forth between gay, straight and bisexual, confusing yourself and everyone around you. I envy your happiness. Appreciate it and don't put yourself down because circumstances made you lose certain inhibitions. It'll only become a problem if you let it get to you.

#333281 - 06/08/10 12:31 PM Re: For me [Re: Bewlayb1]
wayne9 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: alabama
Sorry, I thought this was in the members only forums and made some comments I am not confortable with that could be read by some friends who know I post here. Nothing meant toward any surviours guys. Again sorry. Ryan, I will pm you my reply.

Tim

Edited by wayne9 (06/08/10 06:19 PM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.