Newest Members
RepressedMem, jet_step, JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut
12468 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AndyP (48), Gaius (50), JoziSA (52), mmafan66 (48), nltsaved (36), RMM (52), Steve63 (51), zenboy (51)
Who's Online
3 registered (manipulated, Dave PNW, JW1230), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12468 Members
74 Forums
64031 Topics
446842 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#333094 - 06/06/10 02:18 PM Re: Is life a dream? [Re: Lenz]
Lenz Offline

Loc: San Francisco
Playbill

I will try to explain here, in a few words, what the verse above is saying, in a muddled translation. A long time ago there was a kindom whose king needed an heir to his thrown.

His son, the rightful prince Segismundo, had been met with a terrible omen.

A prophet said, years ago, that Spain would suffer the wrath of a terrible tyrant and at the prince's birth he says that Segismundo will be that tyrant, and will rule over Spain like a beast. To fend against the omen, King Basilico orders General Clotaldo to lock Segismuno away in a cave.

For twenty years he is raised by animals who are free. Segismundo is bound to the interior of the cave. Then, from France and England, science is born! King Basilico, interested in the work of Gallileo and Copernicus, begins to doubt the legitimacy of prophecy. He thinks tha the forces exerted upon us by the heavenly spheres can be altered, with science. We can change the course which the heavens have determined for man.

The King has Clotaldo (who has been Segismundo's only human contact) have Segismundo put to sleep. When he awakens, to a castle, and in garments of gold, he lives for one day as the king of Spain. Of course, this is only an experiment. The procedure was reversed that evening, and Segismundo woke again to his cave.

The speech above is Clotaldo's best effort to keep the crown of Spain from a man who would survive this, defenestrate the wrongful heir, and become King Segismundo.

Pais,
Lenz

Edited by Lenz (06/08/10 06:25 AM)

#333098 - 06/06/10 02:51 PM Re: Is life a dream? [Re: Lenz]
kidneythis Offline

There is no Verse above only the word Playbill. Do you mean the title question?
Second is this meant to be a story or history?
The last line is unclear. Is it saying that Segismundo survives and after killing his replacement becomes king?

#333137 - 06/06/10 09:15 PM Re: Is life a dream? [Re: kidneythis]
Lenz Offline

Sorry to be unclear. Here, I was reffering to my own posting; reply #9 on this thread (06/03/10 01:13 PM ).

Pais,
Lenz

Edited by Lenz (06/06/10 09:16 PM)

#333138 - 06/06/10 09:20 PM Re: Is life a dream? [Re: Lenz]
kidneythis Offline

Didn't see the link for a page one this morning.
I'll have to read that a couple times to get it.

EDIT
I don't know that I'll ever get it I'm no good with foriegn languages I am too accustomed to the certainty of English and I generally reject any "interpretations" of what is said for actually saying what I mean and taking what is said to mean what is does not what I want or think it to.
I hope thats not too confusing. I am saying the interpretation of the original is confusing and the original probably relies heavily on the listener knowing certain assumptions which are to be made characteristic of the language that I do not.

Edited by kidneythis (06/07/10 02:37 PM)

#333142 - 06/06/10 09:56 PM Re: Is life a dream? [Re: kidneythis]
Lenz Offline

I'll try to find the best translation.

I do hope the story about Segismundo can put words to the feeling of dream-life that openned this thread. Personally, I find the play Life is a Dream to have an added interest in the context of child abuse.

As I was given wine (at 8 yo), brought to the office of the church camp and THEN given somkind of "poition": ether or cloroform. The element of intoxication is also an issue that is essential to this confusion.

This is fundamentally why I don't take medication. I have to stand by the fact that what happened to me was a crime, not an illness, or a dream.

Pais,
Lenz

Edited by Lenz (06/08/10 06:21 AM)

#333143 - 06/06/10 09:59 PM Re: Is life a dream? [Re: Lenz]
kidneythis Offline

A lot of my abuse involved drugs meant to destroy my memory and my mind.

#333146 - 06/06/10 10:11 PM Re: Is life a dream? [Re: kidneythis]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: kidneythis
A lot of my abuse involved drugs meant to destroy my memory and my mind.

I know of at least one book on this. I've never shared this with you openly but mayb I need to.

Allen

pufferfish whistle

#333151 - 06/06/10 10:49 PM Re: Is life a dream? [Re: pufferfish]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
This is one of the books I am referring to:

Monarch: The New Phoenix Program (Paperback)
by Marshall G Thomas

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0595457622/

This book talks about use of drugs and conditioning techniques to gain control of people. It and other books speak of using innocent children in experiments.

So what do you think of that?

Allen

pufferfish whistle

#333198 - 06/07/10 02:19 PM Re: Is life a dream? [Re: pufferfish]
kidneythis Offline

I've thought it might be true. One of the threats my Paternal Aunt who psychologically abused me and abandoned me in that shelter I'm still not sure if it was a legal thing or she just dumped me there and figured they wouldn't notice one more kid, was that she'd sell me off to some hospital where they would experiment on me.
There is some website that is a clearinghouse for all sorts of conspiracies and ritual abuses. its pretty thorough and nonjudgmental. I used it a bit but I've found more helpful stuff here.
I went so far as to correspond with the CIA asking making FOIA requests for any records about me. There were none.
I let it drop as more came to me and I realized/came to believe that these people abusing me were doing it on their own. Using what they could glean by doing their jobs assisting the doctors and some were professionals being used through manipulation and deciet by my abusers. The drugs part besides the illicit slipping me of something when I was in the small childrens area was that they left me alone in a hallway to recover from the paralysis. I was not allowed to see a clock or anything that might let me know what time it was or waht day it was. and when someoen came by to clean me they would knock me out with drugs so I couldn't get any succor from the human conatact of it. I only got to see and interact with people when the doctors saw me. Well I can only recall one or two of these visits. This was meant to destroy my memory and hopefully my mind. Top stop me from remembering who had paralysed me and the abuse that had gone on prior to that. the multiple ECT's after I could walk was because I kept remembering bits and peices of it all. The fucking scum who was pretending to be my friend (He was an adult black man filling the paternal role for me assigned by the hospital and my doctors! We'd sit for hours with his arm around me talking him cajoling me constantly asking me questions.) was actually monitoring me for what I could recall and getting me ECT'd whenever I remembered enough that it scared him I might remember it all. I just realized that Allen. As I worte I remember proudly telling him what I was remembering. I had no idea I had been ECT'd I was told nothing as if I were born that morning.
The more I remember the fucking scummier these people get. I was conditioned to interact with others abnormally. I am only now learning that it is usually safe to speak what is going on inside and that others will help. the only ones who don't are those as confused and abused as I am/was.

It was mostly prescribed or prescribable drugs they used on me but I suspect I was dosed with acid a few times as well. I think thats why I hate confusion so much especially since I know its a voluntary condition. Either by the person who won't think rationally confusing themself or someone who has informationm with holding it to keep another confused. It is never a natural state one has to act to preserve it in oneself or in another.

Edited by kidneythis (06/07/10 02:27 PM)

#333203 - 06/07/10 04:11 PM Re: Is life a dream? [Re: kidneythis]
kidneythis Offline

Oh yea I forgot to mention that one of the two guys who were dopeing me used to like to tell me he was killing me and torment me as I passed out from the dose. Or he'd tell me the doctors wanted me to die so they didn't have to report on what happened.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.