Newest Members
RepressedMem, jet_step, JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut
12468 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AndyP (48), Gaius (50), JoziSA (52), mmafan66 (48), nltsaved (36), RMM (52), Steve63 (51), zenboy (51)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12468 Members
74 Forums
64027 Topics
446819 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 5 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#332607 - 05/30/10 10:50 PM Re: The meanings of our "pen names" [Re: nevragan]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
My own was a nickname I picked up while at probably the lowest time in my life, 7th & 8th grade. The nickname was brought up by a freckled, round face with brown hair which bore a resemblance to Catfish Hunter. It stuck because, for whatever reason, my sweat stinks badly and my mother didn't have the money to buy new shirts as often as necessary, I hated taking baths (I now know why, it wasn't a safe time when I was younger) and didn't use deodorant. I smelled like a catfish. Everybody hated me, I was worthless to them and was humiliated often. The nickname symbolized how worthless I truly felt. 86 stands for 1986. Although it was the year I graduated high school, it was also the year I accepted Christ and was born again. I found a new group of friends who didn't like me because I was crazy and funny to get drunk, that they could use me and had a knack for "obtaining things". They really like me for me. It was a group of sincere christians who realy didn't care about the things that I had done, Christ forgives and they allowed me to be a whole new me. It was the first steps in learning to connect with people and trust others. Truly, before 1986, I sincerely would rather not be alive. So for me, I truly was born into a new world. That ugly duckling finally was seen for who he is, not what was done to him.

Edited by catfish86 (05/30/10 10:53 PM)
And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#332608 - 05/30/10 10:57 PM Re: The meanings of our "pen names" [Re: nevragan]
caesar14 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Patterson, North Carolina
I really am glad you reopened this thread Pattycakes.

My name, "caesar" is also my cats name. 14 is my number in life. I named my cat that because he is like an emporor, assertive and territorial. I would like to say I am also assertive, but I can definitely say I am territorial. lol
Anyway, it makes me laugh when people here say "hail caesar". Makes me feel good. wink Its nice to have a little fun here once in a while, as so much we discuss is so serious. Thanks again Pattycakes. And if I had a vote, I would say "Charlie".

Gary

#332612 - 05/31/10 12:44 AM Re: The meanings of our "pen names" [Re: caesar14]
Kiev Offline

Loc: Georgia, USA, Ukraine
Kiev is for Kiev, Ukraine. My birth place. Only it was part of the Soviet Union back then.

#332618 - 05/31/10 01:47 AM Re: The meanings of our "pen names" [Re: Kiev]
nicked Offline

Loc: Ohio
I chose "nicked" to be a little more creative with my "nick-name."

Something that is "nicked" is a little beat-up and damaged, but still mostly good, and not completely broken.

I also like the connection to British slang where "nicked" is "stolen" since I definitely had things stolen from me.

I don't mind if you guys shorten it back down to Nick in chat.

My avatar is a "liger" a cross between a lion and a tiger- not clearly one thing or another, but sort of in-between. That sort of describes me. I also liked that they were both fierce animals- not the sort anyone would want to mess with.

Nick

#332626 - 05/31/10 07:45 AM Re: The meanings of our "pen names" [Re: nicked]
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
mine, i would think, is fairly simple... obi, short for obiwan kenobi of the star wars movies...

my story

my vlog

#332627 - 05/31/10 08:17 AM Re: The meanings of our "pen names" [Re: Obi]
Pattycakes Offline

Loc: Canada
ha! Another StarWars fan!
Celebration V is in Orlando in August.
I'm going!

Pattycakes

#332628 - 05/31/10 08:22 AM Re: The meanings of our "pen names" [Re: nevragan]
kolisha54 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
It means "voice of a woman" + 3 x "life" in Hebrew...

: )

#332650 - 05/31/10 02:39 PM Re: The meanings of our "pen names" [Re: kolisha54]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, my fraternal brothers.

Well, I use my real name plus i add my nickname (Irishmoose) from my 23 years in the Air Force.
My Irishmoose nickname that i had picked up in the Air Force was because my nose was broken as a baby, plus my ears kinda stick out, and someone thought that i looked like a moose, and being that i'm of Irish decent i just put the two together. As the old saying goes and the rest is history.

Heal well my brothers, heal well.

Pete..Irishmoose.

The reason i use my right name is because, my abusers had already taken my body, my innocense, my being, my heart & soul.

So, the only thing that i had left was my name. and i proudly use it.

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#333148 - 06/06/10 10:25 PM Re: The meanings of our "pen names" [Re: nevragan]
alan55 Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Mine is my actual first name and the age I first told someone of my CSA. I'm 56 now...
-Alan

#333154 - 06/06/10 11:21 PM Re: The meanings of our "pen names" [Re: alan55]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
"pufferfish" is just a very interesting fish. I enjoy having a few fish in a tank but I don't have a "pufferfish". I used to have a list of potential online names and passwords for when I go into a website. When I came to MS a few years ago, the next name up was "pufferfish" so how about that?

pufferfish whistle

Allen

Page 5 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.