Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63233 Topics
442179 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#145659 - 03/16/07 03:45 PM Re: The meanings of our "pen names" *DELETED* [Re: Rambler]
Cooljule Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Post deleted by Cooljule

#145678 - 03/16/07 06:02 PM Re: The meanings of our "pen names" [Re: Cooljule]
ScottyTodd Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Pennsylvania
I enjoy these threads!! ScottyTodd comes from two sources. "Scotty" was the pet name my grandparents had for my dad. I found it out on a post card they sent him during WWII. My dad was always very distant, never there and wasn't much but he was my dad. He is deceased so that's my way of being as close as I can to him - now that I understand more. It was sad but I really like Scotty for a nickname.

"Todd" is a long story...I believe my family name is really Todd but my grandfather changed it - why? When? How? who knows. My family was not one to talk of the past (forbidden)!!!!!. It was his family birth name. I felt it was a way to legitimize and repair my family history.

Wah-Lah!! ScottyTodd was born.

My avitar is curious. When I came here I felt free, innocent and playful like a baby...vulnerable, ready to share and be myself! I feel like I'm looking back at you through some little window, saying "Hello dar!" in a friendly way!

Howard

#146160 - 03/19/07 10:47 PM Re: The meanings of our "pen names" [Re: ScottyTodd]
lostcowboy Offline

Loc: North Texas
Hi guys, I go by lostcowboy. How did it start, when I was in the navy in Coco beach FL, I bought this teeshirt called the lost cowboy. It had a cowboy on a horse in the middle of a pasture carrying a surf board, and he was asking these people if they knew the way to Coco beach.
When I got out of the navy, I got a job driving a truck. Of course I had to have a CB handle, and I thought of Lostcowboy. Cowboy, as I am from Texas, and Lost as I kept getting lost. When I became disabled and had all this time on my hands, I found the internet, and Lostcowboy just fits me.

Take care,
Clifford

#146181 - 03/20/07 12:42 AM Re: The meanings of our "pen names" [Re: lostcowboy]
Morning Star Offline

Loc: Home
Morning Star, well it just came to me, one morning when I thought of longing in. Just like a Morning Star would.

Why Don't People Heal, by Caroline Myss; 30 days to clean up your vibrations - Abraham-Hicks

#332581 - 05/30/10 08:52 PM Re: The meanings of our "pen names" [Re: Aidanchase]
Pattycakes Offline

Loc: Canada
Someone mentionned bringing up this thread every so often so I thought Why not?!

Pattycakes is what my b/f calls me. He almost never adresses people by their names, including his parents, and him giving me this name reminds me of how much he loves me.

He doesn't know it but he could probably get away with anything as long as he calls me that !! This name is a constant reminder of how much I mean to him.

There are a few other nicknames that we give eachother but this one is special because it is the closest to my real name. It means the world to me. So does he.

#332583 - 05/30/10 09:00 PM Re: The meanings of our "pen names" [Re: Pattycakes]
Charlie24 Offline

I wanna add in to this topic. Even though mine is probably extremely obvious, it's my first name. Well my kid name I used to go by Charlie, still do occasionally, trying to figure out if I like Charles or Charlie better.

And the number comes from how old I was at the time of joined. Hard to believe it's been almost 2 years since I joined.

Love learning about people's names here, Pattycakes, thanks for bumping up this topic.

Charlie

#332586 - 05/30/10 09:18 PM Re: The meanings of our "pen names" [Re: Charlie24]
Julia Offline

Julia is my grandmother's name. Not that I get a vote but.... I really like, Charlie.

#332587 - 05/30/10 09:19 PM Re: The meanings of our "pen names" [Re: Charlie24]
Pattycakes Offline

Loc: Canada
Hey Charlie!

I was afraid to be the only one curious so thanks for joining the thread.

And kudos for the upcoming 2-year anniversary!!

Pattycakes

#332591 - 05/30/10 09:43 PM Re: The meanings of our "pen names" [Re: Pattycakes]
Geeders Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Geeders...

Derived from the Ukrainian, with a hard "G" (people have been asking me for ever grin ) for Guido. Meaning Old man. A name (Petname??) from my wife. It got turned into Geeders by a close friend, also named Jim. Just to confuse the issue... whistle

Jim

#332606 - 05/30/10 10:37 PM Re: The meanings of our "pen names" [Re: Geeders]
nevragan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NC
Well, my name is kinda obvious what it means. I omitted a couple of letters to be unique. It was a thought at the time. Nothing too special but a reminder to me that I hope it never happens again. Now for some reason I have always had people nickname me growing up. My favorite nickname was "kins" in high school. It brings back mostly good memories.

Andy.

Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 11 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.