Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cards (33), korbin2003 (39), Rosemary (53), Zebra (47)
Who's Online
4 registered (focusedbody, petercorbett, rolex, 1 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63212 Topics
442011 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#333175 - 06/07/10 09:08 AM Re: Questions to the men of this wonderful community [Re: Pattycakes]
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
pattycakes,

for some of us survivors we tend to deal with things in extremes... lot of that is because we went through an extreme ordeal and that gets channeled to other situations in our lives that we deal with...

for example, when i first came on here i got a lot of helpful information. i was really gung-ho on my recovery and tried to deal with all of my issues at once... yup, failed at that.. i was overwhelmed by everything...

however, that was a great learning experience for me to take things one step at a time, one issue at a time...

todd

my story

my vlog

#333204 - 06/07/10 04:14 PM Re: Questions to the men of this wonderful community [Re: Obi]
Pattycakes Offline

Loc: Canada
Todd,

thank you for taking the time. It means a lot to me. I am learning here to take things one step at a time as well. With my b/f of course but this has always been an issue for me in many areas. Especially food. Nothing major, just eating out all the time and resenting cooking in general. I know where it comes from but from time to time I buy loads of groceries with every intention of making meals for the week and well... like you said, I fail every time!! Now, I'm doing it 'baby step' -style and it's working better.

I like the way you put it :'things get channeled to other situations'... You wrote in a way that made perfect sense to me.

Thank you again for the answer.
Sincerely,

Pattycakes

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.