Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alan Fountain (52), blindpet (31), egoror (49), Midas (33), uwa (78)
Who's Online
3 registered (Bluedogone, traveler, bluesky), 20 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63648 Topics
444518 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#332006 - 05/24/10 08:28 PM RIP
nevragan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NC
When it rains it pours. I heard of two deaths today by way of the news. Brittany Murphy's husband passed away after he had a heart attack. This came on the heals of her death not too long ago. The second death I heard about was Slipknot's Bassist player died in a hotel in Iowa. As some may not know, Slipknot is a heavy metal band. They have yet to release the cause of death. RIP is all I can say at the moment. Makes me sad to think that people can be gone in a blink of an eye.

#332038 - 05/25/10 01:46 AM Re: RIP [Re: nevragan]
ericc Offline
MaleSurvivor

Yeah, I've been thinking about that lately. I have been carrying around a lot of anger, in particular I am thinking about family issues. It plays a huge role in my destructive behaviors. I've decided I need to reach out to them and try to mend some things. I don't think it was intentional, but in my family there was a lot of emotional hurting people did to each other. I was sort of stoically holding onto my anger. But the day may come where I don't have the chance to find resolution. It could happen in an instant. I'm trying to bridge that gap with them for the sake of all involved. Time is just wasted otherwise. I started with an email to my sister today. I'm hoping some good will come out of it all. Sorry if I sort of got onto a tangent, but sort of related.

Eric

#332041 - 05/25/10 07:11 AM Re: RIP [Re: nevragan]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
thanks for the topic andy; i wake up every day, in shock and awe that i've been resurrected one more time. it boggles my mind. then all during the course of the day, i think to myself, i could fall on the ground from any number of sudden medical conditions; right here, right now. every footstep, every breath is a gift. my time will come sooner or later. to me it matters not when. awake one moment, asleep for eternity the next. oh well, life comes and goes, and no matter how much a person does to control or manage the outcome, the result is always the same...... for each and every one of us. i say learn to cherish the 'now' because that's where it all takes place. not in some future moment, some far off tomorrow; the moment designated is always a right now moment. i hope i'm ready when the time comes, and that i've made peace with my own inner conflicts.

warm regards,

ron

#332151 - 05/26/10 09:21 AM Re: RIP [Re: Sans Logos]
ComicBookGuy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: London, England
The strangest thing was...I spoke to Simon Monjack in passing, on the phone maybe once, this has to be nearly 20 years ago whenever people from the UK were in clubs and societies trying to make movies or get trained. I had no doubt he would get to Hollywood and make it in film in some capacity.

It's not a claim to fame or anything, it's just bitterly ironic that he pushed himself to succeed in film or at least get a start on the ladder, got it, then circumstances have contrived to end his wife's life first of all and now his own.

It's tragic, but if he'd never gone to Hollywood, you can't say whether he'd have died young in his home country, but there certainly has to be better support in dealing with being widowed young in both countries, I know the UK is rubbish at it and the media fishbowl can't have helped.

RIP

Edited by ComicBookGuy (05/26/10 09:22 AM)

#332492 - 05/29/10 05:35 PM Re: RIP [Re: nevragan]
nevragan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NC
Gary Coleman and Dennis Hopper are gone. Can't believe it. Both were great actors. I remember bits and pieces of watching Gary on TV. I'll admit I was really young then and my early memory is kinda limited. The last big thing I remember Dennis Hopper for was when he played on 24 with Keifer Sutherland. Good memories. Sad to see them go. RIP.

#332495 - 05/29/10 06:34 PM Re: RIP [Re: nevragan]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
like i said on fb, i loved him in red rock west with nick cage, and he was gripping in blue velvet. we all gotta go sometime

#332510 - 05/30/10 12:21 AM Re: RIP [Re: Sans Logos]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
I liked the part Dennis Hopper played in Speed.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#333057 - 06/05/10 11:42 PM Re: RIP [Re: nevragan]
jls Offline

Personally I deal with death alot in my line of work and one thing I've learned is that deaths seem to come in threes. Maybe I'm just being superstitious but it doesn't seem so to me. JS

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.