Newest Members
MG5555, ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett, 0128
12506 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Moriji (44), Nicos (48), weharry1959 (55)
Who's Online
2 registered (traveler, 1 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12506 Members
74 Forums
64203 Topics
448040 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#332046 - 05/25/10 09:38 AM Woman found guilty of raping 10-11 year old
kidneythis Offline

#332084 - 05/25/10 08:09 PM Re: Woman found guilty of raping 10-11 year old [Re: kidneythis]
kidneythis Offline

Update; Pretty sickening to me to hear how many people disregard the bad she did for the good she pretended to do in order to be able to abuse that boy.

http://www.oregonlive.com/tualatin/index...sex_crimes.html

#332095 - 05/25/10 10:25 PM Re: Woman found guilty of raping 10-11 year old [Re: kidneythis]
GeorgeMartin Offline

Loc: USA
Is this just another case of Mass Hysteria, false accusations, and an over-zealous DA's Office?

It does make me wonder how many people are accused and are actually honestly innocent of what they are alleged to have done.

#332103 - 05/25/10 10:49 PM Re: Woman found guilty of raping 10-11 year old [Re: kidneythis]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Its also pretty sickening that the intent of the mandatory minimums was defeated by a judge who looked out for the needs of the abuser. To run these sentenced concurrently is a travesty. Another case of a female abuser being let off because it is "not as damaging".

And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#332217 - 05/26/10 08:15 PM Re: Woman found guilty of raping 10-11 year old [Re: GeorgeMartin]
mrrecovery Offline

Originally Posted By: GeorgeMartin
Is this just another case of Mass Hysteria, false accusations, and an over-zealous DA's Office?

It does make me wonder how many people are accused and are actually honestly innocent of what they are alleged to have done.

I don't understand your post...are you suggesting this woman was falsely accused? what would make you think that?

personally, I would prefer an over-zealous DA to the norm...charges are not filed in most cases and when they are, conviction rates are well under 5%.

#332222 - 05/26/10 09:50 PM Re: Woman found guilty of raping 10-11 year old [Re: mrrecovery]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
The truth is there are innocent people convicted. But what is true also: Go look at the case of Aaron Vargas and you realize many more guilty go free than guilty that meet justice. To take the side of the accused without having seen the trial is somewhat against the odds to say the least. Personally, I heard my own mother make the comment that I was so lucky that Brother Dave took me in after having been thrown out of two daycares for sexualized play. In fact she was proud that he personally promised to take me aside and play with me, which he did. He was licking his chops among other things. How fricking stupid can adults be. I would prefer the overzealous DA and the supportive mother any day.

And the Wisdom to know the difference.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.