Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
fakir (71), HelpMeHelpHim32 (41), motherstars (65)
Who's Online
3 registered (lapchinj, 2 invisible), 19 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64190 Topics
447929 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#420316 - 12/28/12 03:48 PM Re: Wh among you still believes in God? [Re: traillius]
JoziSA Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg, South Africa
- efm

Your last link does not go to the correct page. Please send me the last "and this" link.

South African MALE SURVIVORS of Sexual Abuse
www.samsosa.org
If your mind can perceive it and your heart can believe it, YOU can achieve it.

#442195 - 07/25/13 11:57 PM Re: Wh among you still believes in God? [Re: traillius]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
i never stopped believing in god.
i did, however, have my arguments, blasphemies, and criticisms.

lately, i have come to the conclusion that since i have never created anything, i should just shut up.
i can't even manage my own life properly, let alone the entire universe.

War
Love
Poetry

#462773 - 03/17/14 08:39 PM Re: Wh among you still believes in God? [Re: traillius]
gettingstronger Offline

Loc: Virginia
I do. Absolutely. I've had way too many prayers answered. While I do believe "coincidences" do indeed happen, my own experience would be like winning the lottery several times in a row-- either you're way, way beyond lucky, or you're getting help somewhere.

What I don't believe in is that (a) the world is a just place, and (b) there must not be a God because really bad things happen so often to good people. The things that brought me to this site were NOT a result of God being there or not being there; they were just things that happened. Why? Who knows. They just did. Neither I nor God had anything to do with it.

So to answer your question, yes. I personally believe Jesus has been there for me too many times, and will continue to be there for me in the future. That's my two cents.

Bob

#462875 - 03/19/14 11:09 PM Re: Wh among you still believes in God? [Re: traillius]
Tedure Offline

Loc: Utah
Thanks for your question. This is how I feel about God.

“Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands” (Isa 49:16) “I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.” (Matt 28:20)

The remnants of the dragon’s storm are always with me like a quiet breeze in my mind. They will never leave… they are memories. Because of this an addict is always an addict. The only thing that changes belongs to the word recovery. It’s a new word I’m learning and I have to learn it again every day

I have complete faith in Christ when he says, “I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my spirit shall be in your hearts and mine angels round about you to bear you up.” Christ is now before my face straight in front of me. Many times in my life the rocks have been on my right and left but now I have Christ there to help stop me from hitting them. I focus on my vision which is always straight in front before my face, the space between the rocks. As I do this His spirit fills my heart and His angels bear me up…so I can make it through another day and live in the reality of now. Knowing that I am a son of the living God and that He loves me totally and completely helps me so much.

I spent much of my life desperate for love and not knowing what words to use or where to find it. All I have ever wanted was to have someone or something fill the hole in my heart and love me. . . I needed calm, control, and a feeling of all is well in my life… I needed LOVE.

My wife and Christ have done this.

His Atonement has filled and healed me.
Christ has restored all that was taken from me many years ago in my youth… My power, my sexual identity, my self-worth and most importantly my soul…
“He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness…” Ps. 23:3

That is how I feel, Thanks for your question, Ted

#463159 - 03/25/14 04:49 PM Re: Wh among you still believes in God? [Re: victor-victim]
nltsaved Offline

Loc: Kc,Mo
pure awesomeness !!
you are not alone never were
WRITTEN FORM
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=339159#Post339159
Why i hate Religion but love Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY

#463181 - 03/26/14 12:09 AM Re: Wh among you still believes in God? [Re: nltsaved]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I do.

Puffer

#464038 - 04/13/14 01:35 PM Re: Wh among you still believes in God? [Re: traillius]
On The Fringe Offline

Loc: Southeast USA
I believe. I also people are free to do as they wish. There are consequences.

A perv decides to groom a kid to be his sex toy, me. There are consequences of that CSA in my life. It messed me up for a bit. But I also believe it comes back to the perp. I may never see or know.

In short, the actions of a small group of evil doing people can often color people's feelings on God.

I am trying to not let the perp steal my ability to believe in God.

I try and remember the good, the wonder of the creation, the ability to love.

Some days I struggle.

#464833 - 04/30/14 09:38 PM Re: Wh among you still believes in God? [Re: traillius]
atari_kid86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Michigan
I don't.

This is not to say I am opposed to or in any way disrespectful or hold malice against those who do. I just don't. However, I consider myself a spiritual agnostic, who happens to be a Unitarian. smile

But I wasn't always this way.

I grew up in the Lutheran church. I lived and breathed it. I attended school there most of my childhood. I was confirmed and participated in the Holy Sacraments. I went to Sunday school, vacation Bible school, and Lutheran summer camp. This was my life. I knew (and still know) much of the Bible inside and out. Heck, my dad even took steps to become a minister (his alcholism probably is why they passed him over). But something changed pretty early on for me.

*trigger warning*

I never quite fit in in school. I was the kid who was perpetually bullied, demeaned, and had no friends (remember this is Lutheran school)... except God. He was there. Then at age 9 when a neighbor boy (my only "friend") raped me, I started to wonder where this all loving God was. Then I figured that this was like the Job story. He was testing me. So even as damaged and broken as I was after that, I kept my faith in Him.

Then the next "friend" raped me.

Job experienced a heap of troubles. I hated myself wanted to die, but was always taught suicide was a sin and the last thing I wanted to do was sin and not have a chance to ask for forgiveness. My faith was erroding as my life took a downward spiral that my 11 year old brain wasn't physically capable of comprehending (my brain now can't either). During this nightmare, the bullying increased, my school work went straight to hell, and my disfunctional family was falling apart (my parents split then). My faith still flickered on, barely.

My troubles were just starting.

When my mom married her husband, who would go on to sexually abuse and rape me on a daily basis for 3 years, that's when I realized, either God is dead or He was never there to begin with.

This was a hard struggle for me. In my mid teens, I endured a grueling crisis of faith. In the end, I concluded that maybe there is or maybe there isn't a God. If there was one, then He wasn't an interventionalist God.

This story has a semi-happy ending.

Despite my problems defining God or lack there of, I still wanted a community like most church going people have. But where does an agnostic like myself go for that? Insert the Unitarian Universalist church. I have been a member for almost a year now and am very happy to have a group of friends and support who are like minded, good hearted, loving people.

I hope I didn't offend anyone. I sincerly apologize if I have. I took my time writing this to be careful to be sensitive to others who do not share my spiritual beliefs.

Thanks for reading.

#464869 - 05/01/14 03:08 PM Re: Wh among you still believes in God? [Re: traillius]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
atari kid -

thanks for sharing your story.

we have a lot in common - raised in the church, abused by "friends" and step-father.

the big difference is that i ended at a different conclusion. i still believe in God. it hasn't been easy to maintain that faith - and i can't really explain how or why. but it has been important to me - and one of my main sources of hope that has kept me going.

i did not find your post offensive in the least. thank you for your care and sensitivity in trying not to hurt anyone. that is my goal as well.

i am glad that you have found a place of caring community.

love and peace to you,
LEE
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#468191 - 07/29/14 05:46 PM Re: Wh among you still believes in God? [Re: On The Fringe]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
Quote:
I am trying to not let the perp steal my ability to believe in God.

you hit the nail on my head.

War
Love
Poetry

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.