Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
almostdonew/life (39), barelysurviving (45), bigbob20 (69), billyp (65), Shawv (70), TheTwoOfUs (43)
Who's Online
9 registered (dan_in_newengland, Anura, Affliction, finallyhere, 4 invisible), 40 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63776 Topics
445373 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#337703 - 08/05/10 01:11 PM Re: Wh among you still believes in God? [Re: captainobvious]
somerandomguy Offline

Loc: USA
God is a lie invented by people who want to have power over other people. One only has to look at the continuing scandals in the Catholic Church to see this.

I was raised Catholic, and that was absolutely a factor in my eventual abuse situation. As long as little children are taught that they are *personally* murdering Jesus when they do something wrong, the power imbalance will continue. The thought that I was personally contributing to the torture and murder of another person terrorized and paralyzed me when I was a child.

The excuse that "God's church is run by fallible mortals" is simply trash spewed by people willing to minimize the abuse and empower the perpetrators.

#337774 - 08/06/10 02:25 PM Re: Wh among you still believes in God? [Re: somerandomguy]
Daniel-Peter Offline

um...brother...please take this as kind words meant in a loving explanation.

Sins are not murdering Christ, Christ sacrificed himself to take all our sins...then and now and in the future....upon Himself that we may be forgiven in Him, as He alone is the only possible perfect sacrifice for our sins.

Who ever told you that when you sin you take part in the murder of Christ, was guilty of an old heresey that seperates Christ from the Holy Trinity: God cannot be killed.

As for minimizing by saying "men" did it. Actually, God didn't do it, Christ didn't do it, and I, and millions of other faithful Christians didn't do it...a "man" (perhpas a women, as I don't know the circumstances, nor is it heathly for me to hear it) did it. It was a sinful, fallible man who should be punished, SEVERALLY. But you are correct, where the Church is concerned, the Church is not guiltless. Church's need to step forward, demand hugh penance by the offender, cooperate with the police just as if a murderer had made a confession in a confessional which requires them by lwa to disclose (hmmm...a similar certainly seems appropriate), and look for the flaws and loopholes in theological or seminary training that allowed pedophiles to get in in the first place. The Church's penance should be public acceptance of responsibilty, organizational restructuring to prevent recurrances, and cooperation with the legal system. Absolutely. But by using the word church we must be sure to not confuse the word Church, were Jesus is the Head and we are all incorporate in the body...and "church" as in a heirarchial structured legal corporation with a human being as primate or "supreme" leader, that exists as a entity recognized by various state legislative bodies. It is the latter, the "church" composed solely of contemporary "quick" people that is responsible for addressing those changes and accepting responsibility. So, by pointing a finger at a "man" the true perpetrator is identified, and the "church" can then either do the right thing and address the problem, or, do what we have all come to expect them to do and play sematics, redirect, deny, move the "man", or otherwise obfuscate and deny responsibility and potential litigation (thus, not be truly repentant nor willing to do penance, nor have the will to change their "corporate" life.)

I don't meant to contradict you brother, I merely have a diferent point of view.

Peace be with you.

#337779 - 08/06/10 04:02 PM Re: Wh among you still believes in God? [Re: Daniel-Peter]
Jim1961 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pa, but likely traveling...
Back in December 2004, I was immersed in cybersex sin. Looking at really disturbing images, reading really BAD stories. I did not realize at the time that I was a sex addict (I sure know that now).

One night I was in Houston, TX on business. And (again) looked at very bad stuff on the Internet. The next morning was a day honoring Mary, and I was obliged to go to Mass. I found a local church that had a 6 AM mass, plenty of time after to get to my appointment.

My heart ached terribly due to the sin. I felt worthless and perverted. But I was in the right place for healing.

I prayed that God would heal my heart and give me peace.

When I received the Eucharist, I knelt down in the pew and suddenly this rush of joy came over me. Suddenly the pain was GONE and in its place was JOY. I cried and Thanked God for His Grace.

The journey continues, I have much work to do. But since that experience I KNOW that God is real and that His Spirit resides in me.

Peace.

My Story

#341488 - 10/05/10 05:34 PM Re: Wh among you still believes in God? [Re: Alchemist]
JPaschal Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
No. I stopped being Christian about 13 years ago, I turned Pagan then. Recently I have discovered that, for me, relgion holds no logic what so ever, and I became an Atheist. For me, if God does exist, he is a hippocrate. A child with a magnifying glass, eyeing the ant hill on a sunny summer day.

Edited by JPaschal (10/05/10 09:08 PM)

#341491 - 10/05/10 06:18 PM Re: Wh among you still believes in God? [Re: JPaschal]
EvanCan Offline
MaleSurvivor

I believe in God. I think He is pretty fantastic.
I'm not real keen on most organized religions, but I'm way down with God. And I'm way down with Jesus, too, but in a Very Untraditional way.

#341556 - 10/06/10 04:31 PM Re: Wh among you still believes in God? [Re: EvanCan]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

I respect everyone's right to their own feelings, and hope they respect mine as well. For me I woould not be in recovery today if it were not for my deep faith. I am a clergy CSA survivor and thank God every day for bringing me here. Be well all.

#341625 - 10/07/10 10:01 AM Re: Wh among you still believes in God? [Re: kb8715]
traillius Offline

God helps me heal, but he won't force me or anyone to acknowledge. Come freely or don't come at all, God says. He isn't in to mindless automatons.

#342367 - 10/18/10 06:17 AM Re: Wh among you still believes in God? [Re: Alchemist]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

He pulled me from the brink and I thank him everyday for my recovery......

#346221 - 11/25/10 05:34 AM Re: Wh among you still believes in God? [Re: Alchemist]
joe1334_us Offline

Loc: Wyoming
As I have become more and more educated I have also become enlightened. "GOD" may have been the simple mans way of explaining the unknown for many years as it is today while the whole concept of doctrine is MAN MADE and without any foundation in fact. I for one do not choose to put my faith or fate in the hands of any one person as we are all with fault. I have found no entity that is without fault either. So I guess the true meaning of the concept of GOD is certainly not to be defined by either doctrine or by man and any person who says they know gods wishes is a LIAR and the most narcissistic person I can think of. Why do some follow fools and liars? I fr one choose not to, as I have learned that putting my trust in people is certainly going to lead to disappointment or disaster. I can put my trust in myself and find success and happiness, as well as growth. At least with my self I have no one to blame but my self.

So in closing I have chosen at this point to believe in myself and to grow not to change but to just grow after all I am not a Gekko I am a person I cannot change colors but I can be better and help others with the knowledge and experience I have gained.

#346489 - 11/29/10 12:39 AM Re: Wh among you still believes in God? [Re: Alchemist]
Nas Offline

Loc: NJ
I am and have been a strong follower of Christ for sometime now, I have been a worship leader in various Churches for many years. I was abused (incest) from the about the age of 7 to the age of 11. Although I am strongly attracted to women I still had struggles with ssa and this has been a real hard place for me and my relationship with God. I have begged pleaded and cried out to God to help me with this and it just seems to not get any better. I feel like my sass has kept me from having a relationship and often gets me depressed. I have seasons in my life where my relationship with God is a wild roller coaster, I am in that season now and it is a spiritual struggle, so wait.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.