Newest Members
PaulnMA, andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm
12252 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
closerthenveins (26), Nvolpicelli (24), Sven (19)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 51 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12252 Members
73 Forums
63112 Topics
441358 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#331243 - 05/20/10 10:08 AM Weird pics reflect the weirdness of life...
blacken Offline
Chatroom Moderator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Northern Ohio

Some of these Weird pics reflect the weirdness of life I can relate to. They're kind of like protrates of emotions.

http://www.alltelleringet.com/

#331252 - 05/20/10 11:04 AM Re: Weird pics reflect the weirdness of life... [Re: blacken]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: blacken

Some of these Weird pics reflect the weirdness of life I can relate to. They're kind of like protrates of emotions.

http://www.alltelleringet.com/

Thanks blacken for that interesting link. I think that this feeling of weirdness of life can recede a whole bunch. But even kids (like my kids and grandkids) who've not been traumatized enjoy such weird pictures.

Allen

#331896 - 05/24/10 06:38 AM Re: Weird pics reflect the weirdness of life... [Re: pufferfish]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
Those are certainly strange pictures, a little too strange for me maybe, but interesting all the same.

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#331899 - 05/24/10 07:06 AM Re: Weird pics reflect the weirdness of life... [Re: blacken]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
very different and original and enjoyable. how do people come up with these things? it's beyond me. cool

ron

#331916 - 05/24/10 09:34 AM Re: Weird pics reflect the weirdness of life... [Re: Sans Logos]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I speak of having gone through a "recovery phase" of my life, which began when I started remembering child abuse I had experienced. It colored all of my thinking and everything I did. I was getting counseling and reading the right books, etc. but still it went on and on. I guess I experienced a lot of abuse and a bunch of it at a very tender age.

I had bad and repetitious dreams which seem to be diminishing now. The context of some of the dreams was like the maze depicted in one of those pictures. Also, I have seen pictures of ascending stairways which turn about upon themselves so that one never reaches the top. I had dreams like that. I now think they represented a gloomy intractability I saw to life and abuse I had experienced. I guess in retrospect part of what I needed was to revamp that inner thinking of mine which was producing those kinds of dreams. But it has not been easy.

Near the start of that recovery phase, my children lovingly gave me a book of cartoons from the Far Side. Now I laugh at them, and that was my children's intent. But at that time they made me want to cry.

These examples show how our perception of everything is tinged by abuse and how those dark perceptions become so much more intense when we are remembering abuse.

I am not recommending that we not remember abuse. It was through facing it that I finally found freedom and healing. But it had to be dealt with.

Allen

pufferfish whistle

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.