Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (51), CAW1980 (34), Fissy Tsickens (53), Kris (52), Wheatthins (23)
Who's Online
7 registered (highflight, don64, tbkkfile, 3 invisible), 32 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63173 Topics
441748 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#33073 - 05/26/06 09:29 AM We shall overcome
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Lot of names here I don't know, but I haven't been here much in the last year or so. But you can see by my post count, when I was coming here, it was a LOT! \:\)

Just wanted to say, for anyone in any place on the old healing path, stick with it. Regardless of what you currently think of yourself, you ARE worth it. Regardless of what you currently think of yourself, you CAN do it. Regardless of what you currently think, it CAN and DOES get better.

I have been a member here almost three years, even as I said, I haven't been here much lately. This place, it's not a replacement for other things. The moderaters here are great, but they do not replace therapists or other healing strategies. No one here is a replacement for that. But what this place is akin to is a support group, with a lot of guys sitting around saying, well, yep, I've done that to. Yep, I have done some stupid or dangerous things to. This is what worked for me; maybe it will work for you. It's a place for sharing of stories, ideas, and sometimes, just 'I hear you's'. It is a potent tool in healing. And some of the friends you make here, I sense, can be friends forever.

So new and old alike, just keep in your mind, there is a new life ahead of you. It will not be perfect. It maybe will not be what you think of as 'normal'. But it will be yours. And it will be good.

Good luck in the journey.

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#33074 - 05/26/06 05:11 PM Re: We shall overcome
markgreyblue Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pasadena, CA
Just beautiful Leosha.

So well said.

Mark

"...the sign of a true leader is service..." - anonymous

#33075 - 05/26/06 06:10 PM Re: We shall overcome
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Leosha,

You are so right, and I'm glad the site has been so helpful to you. I remember how I felt when I first showed up here, and now it feels like I have reinvented myself - in a good way. \:\)

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.