Newest Members
GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy
12465 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyrus (44), Dupe1978 (36), James_Is_Talking (36), K-man (58), LordShiningStarr (36), ricky (51), Shawn Hope (29), teresa (42), Warner82 (32)
Who's Online
2 registered (tbkkfile, 1 invisible), 16 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12465 Members
74 Forums
63998 Topics
446693 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#330423 - 05/01/10 10:16 AM Different Strokes' Todd Bridges reveals csa Oprah
sono Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey guys,

Here is a link to the tran>

#330534 - 05/01/10 10:36 PM Re: Different Strokes' Todd Bridges reveals csa Oprah [Re: sono]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
That is a stirring story. I can relate now to a father (and mother in my case) not protecting you when they should. Afterwards, its always you with the choice of how to act out. How much pain and drug addiction will this be allowed to cause? It comforts me in some way to know I am not alone, but then I think of the implications and it scares the living hell out of me. Dammit, if your child is abused, you should back them all the way. There is no more cowardly act than failing to protect your children.

And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#330559 - 05/01/10 11:21 PM Re: Different Strokes' Todd Bridges reveals csa Oprah [Re: catfish86]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
If I ever met Todd Bridges, I would shake his hand and tell him that it was an honor to meet him. No doubt he made mistakes but he takes responsibility for his actions and has cleaned up his act. If there is one good thing that ever came out of CSA its how most victims want to give their children the best life possible. He's turned his life around and he should be applauded for it. No doubt he's trying to make money off this book but frankly I think he deserves it. I wish him the best of luck and hope that he is successful at being the father to his kids that he always wanted.

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#330586 - 05/02/10 01:20 AM Re: Different Strokes' Todd Bridges reveals csa Oprah [Re: onlyakid]
ericc Offline
MaleSurvivor

Inspiring read. The more people start talking about this stuff and showing how they have gotten their lives back together, the more it inspires me to try and keep getting my life back together. It is a work in progress for myself, but one I want to keep working on. Thanks for sharing.

Eric

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.