Newest Members
RepressedMem, jet_step, JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut
12468 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AndyP (48), Gaius (50), JoziSA (52), mmafan66 (48), nltsaved (36), RMM (52), Steve63 (51), zenboy (51)
Who's Online
4 registered (traveler, JW1230, matt123, 1 invisible), 17 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12468 Members
74 Forums
64027 Topics
446819 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#330025 - 04/27/10 09:59 PM back from reno
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
just wanted to let everyone know that i'm back from reno. i don't have a whole lot of time to go into the details of the trip but rest assured i will at a later time...

my story

my vlog

#330027 - 04/27/10 10:08 PM Re: back from reno [Re: Obi]
prisonerID Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oklahoma
Glad you made it back safely. I look forward to hearing all about it.

Daryl

#330035 - 04/27/10 10:52 PM Re: back from reno [Re: prisonerID]
Riley Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Can't wait to hear the details, hope it was fun and you have a picture of your trophy.

#330127 - 04/28/10 04:25 PM Re: back from reno [Re: Riley]
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

don't have a picture of the trophy but i do have a pic of the possible dad-in-law and me at the tournament.

my story

my vlog

#330129 - 04/28/10 04:31 PM Re: back from reno [Re: Obi]
Riley Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Looks like you guys are on opposing teams, I have to ask who won that game lol. Looks like a good time

#330130 - 04/28/10 04:34 PM Re: back from reno [Re: Riley]
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

neither one of our teams did well enough to take first place. however, it was one of the best weeks of my life. don't have time to explain now as i am at work but rest assured i plan on posting tonight about the experience....

yes, we were on separate teams... however, we had a blast!

my story

my vlog

#330136 - 04/28/10 08:26 PM Re: back from reno [Re: Obi]
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

ok, so here is the story. as much of it as i can remember...

last wednesday my gf and i got in the car and left town around 7:30 in the morning heading on our way to reno. we decided to drive out there because we were going to be meeting a lot of people for the first time and it was going to be a huge party basically. so, we thought that the drive out there and back would give us time to ourselves.

i checked the weather before we left and it said that we were to be expecting rain all the way out to reno. well, it was clear and sunny until about 10 minutes east of denver. then the rain came down and HARD for about 15-20 minutes. we get to the restaurant that we were going to eat at and it stopped raining. we met up with mark (trucker51) and had a great time, and meal, for about a couple of hours. mark was sharing all kinds of stories with us. quite the story teller...*laughs*...

anyway, we had to get going. wished we could've stayed longer to talk but we had to get to reno by 11 am to pick up her folks at the airport. no sooner did we get out of denver and we got hit with the rain again. let's just say that from denver all the way to the mountains in nevada it rained! once we got to the mountains in nevada it turned to a wet slushy snow and it was coming down really hard until we reached winnemucca. from there on in to reno it rained.

couple of intresting things happened on the trip in. with it raining so hard and it being so dark we didn't get to see the countryside very much. however, we knew that we would be driving back through that area during the day so we would get to see it.

anyway, about 45 minutes from the wyoming/utah border my nose started to itch. mind you, i'm driving at this time. i reached up and scratched my nose for a second. a couple of minutes later i smelt blood. that's right, i got a nosebleed. so, i grabbed a couple of napkins and pressed it up against my nose to get it to stop. after a few minutes i pulled the napkins down and it did stop bleeding. however, my nose felt severely clogged up and my chest was already congested and i was having a hard time breathing. so, stupid me, grabs another couple of napkins and decides to blow my nose...umm.. STUPID!!! *laughs*.. yup, i really got the nose bleeding then. like a stuck pig... *laughs*... luckily 10 minutes down the road there was a rest stop and i pulled over to get cleaned up and stop the bleeding...

also, right around park city, utah the rain was so heavy and the fog was so thick it was difficult to see off the hood of the car. if anyone who has driven i-80 knows that it's mountainous with major curving roads... kind of scary but we made it alright.

anyway, we get to reno and pick up her folks at the airport and head on over to the stadium to pick up the dad-in-law's bowling gear that was shipped there. we met up with some of the people that we were going to be bowling with and shared some stories and so on. we then headed on over to the hotel and checked in to our rooms.. SUPER NICE ROOM!!! had a suite for only $39 a night!!!

we went on over to a place called claim jumpers to meet up with the rest of the gang to have dinner and meet everyone. that was one of the best times. we were already like a family but actually meeting everyone sealed it as family. a lot of good times, talks happened that evening... very enjoyable....

that evening we went on back to the hotel where the gf and i had a little time to talk and so on... she wanted to know why i haven't shown any type of physical things with her. i tried telling her again, cause we had this discussion over the phone many times, that it was a serious issue with me and i'm trying to deal with it instead of just shutting down. she only got confused and i was starting to think that i screwed up again and she was going to call it off. she kept stumbling over her words of what she wanted to say to me and then she just walked over, caught me off guard and kissed me...

ok, i told her that i did it wrong. i can't even get that right. i screwed up a kiss and so on. she kept telling me that it was alright and not to worry about it. eventually that got worked out and we went to bed. NO, we did NOT sleep in the same bed.

anyway, the next day we headed on over to the bowling stadium and met up with everyone there. we got ready for our team squads. we go to the back where the squad room is and got our instructions. we then came out from behind the curtain and walked down the middle ramp in between the lanes and on down to our starting lanes that we were to bowl on. TALK ABOUT AN EXPERIENCE!!! doing that in front of everyone, with the stones "start me up" blaring... was truly cool....

we started our bowling and had many pictures taken before, during and after... i had a great time! so much fun. we all laughed, joked around, bowled and just enjoyed everyone's company... it was one of the best bowling experiences i've ever had. you can see one of the pics that were taken before we started bowling in a post above. it's a pic of my gf's dad and i...we bowled on separate teams.

anyway, the next day i had to pick my uncle dan up at the reno airport as he was flying out to be my doubles partner at the doubles and singles events later that night. during this time my gf and i had more talks and tried kissing more... i'm hopefully breaking free of that chain that holds me down with that...

later that evening we bowled our doubles and singles set. that didn't go as well because about a few frames into the first set i wretched my back. i was hurting. i finished all 6 games but i was hurting.. however, i still had fun because i was there enjoying everyone's company....

sunday morning we got up, took my uncle to the airport and my gf and i left on our way back home. we got to see the mountains in nevada, the salt flats in utah and into the mountains of utah and wyoming. about 30 minutes west of laramie, wyoming we ran into snow/ice and freezing fog... what fun that was..NOT!! *laughs*.... on that stretch of road the speed limit is 75. we were going 35 mph until we basically got into colorado...

from there all the way back home it was clear. we made it back safely...

my gf and i had a serious talk monday evening. as it stands things seem to be going good. she told me she knows what she wants, which is that someday she wants to get married to me. i told her that i was thinking of that goal too BUT that i had to work through my issues first because i wasn't ready to get married yet and that she has some issues that she needs to work through too, which she agreed with.

she is going to see about coming back out over the summer and bring her girls with her to meet me and so on. so, right now, things seem to be alright... got some things i need to work on but at least now i have some clear goals...

overall, the trip was one of the best weeks in my life. i had a great time!!!! we are planning to do this again in a couple of years when the national tournament is down in baton rouge.

anyway, that is a readers digest condensed version of the story. hope you enjoy it. feel free to ask any questions and i'll do my best to answer them.

my story

my vlog

#330415 - 05/01/10 09:05 AM Re: back from reno [Re: Obi]
sono Offline
MaleSurvivor

Obi,

Hey it sounds like you really had a great time...the true road trip experience full of weather, good and bad, fun times, somewhat awkward times but overall a really positive experience and one which took place in real life. Congratulations! I"m proud of you man!

Kein

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.