Newest Members
SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo
12486 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Can-tex (45), cbchorn (41)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12487 Members
74 Forums
64151 Topics
447621 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#330109 - 04/28/10 02:55 PM Remembering to have fun
happybuddha1 Offline

Loc: Michigan
Hey guys.....I hope that you do not mind, but I had to share this:

Yesterday morning I went up to the park to take a walk. It was quite cold, so the place was empty. When I walked by the playground toys (playscape), I walked over to the circular slide, went up the steps, and slid down. At the bottom, I had a smile from ear to ear and felt so joyous...something that I have not had in quite some time. (it was really intense!) I even did it again. (I stopped at twice not wanting anyone to see a 49 year old man playing on the toys.) I guess that those of us survivors who were robbed of their childhood, never learned to have fun. Anyhow, I plan on finding many more child-like fun things to do....it really can bring joy...I highly suggest it! Thanks for reading....I hope that it can help someone.

#330112 - 04/28/10 03:10 PM Re: Remembering to have fun [Re: happybuddha1]
wayne9 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: alabama
I see nothing wrong with letting the kid inside come out. CSA or not, for that matter!!!

#330113 - 04/28/10 03:17 PM Re: Remembering to have fun [Re: wayne9]
philistine Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oregon
I like freeze tag. There is nothing funnier or more fun than a group of middle aged people running around a park acting like kids.

"No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself" - Nietzsche

#330133 - 04/28/10 05:52 PM Re: Remembering to have fun [Re: happybuddha1]
02151964 Offline

Loc: Canada
Great , when i feel the need to get away as I did as a young boy , I still go to the same park, as I still live in the same area, I get on the same swing set and get as high as I can, I can now touch the tree limbs, could nt do that as a yung boy :-) being a kid every now and then is GREAT

Mark

#330144 - 04/28/10 10:32 PM Re: Remembering to have fun [Re: 02151964]
J.R. Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
I think this is so important! I still try as hard as I can to let that child out. Like someone said, that part of us was robbed from us, and we need to reclaim that. When I am alone or with someone close I can trust, I probably go a little too far in wanting to be a little kid again, but oh well I guess.

J.R.

#330197 - 04/29/10 12:00 PM Re: Remembering to have fun [Re: J.R.]
MrDon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Deltona, FL
I love going to a park and just swinging in the swings. Of course I'm always conscious of people seeing an adult playing. But if I can have fun, I go for it!

Don

The Mind Body Thoughts Blog
http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/

Check out my relaxing piano music from the heart!
http://www.donshetterly.com

#330389 - 05/01/10 12:21 AM Re: Remembering to have fun [Re: MrDon]
alan55 Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
I do,too. I have gone to a park nearby and allowed myself the indulgence of some time on the swings.

#330395 - 05/01/10 01:24 AM Re: Remembering to have fun [Re: alan55]
Survivinguy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
HappyBuddha1!!!

What a great thread! I'm sorry I'm arriving late to it but this is exactly what we need - a reminder we can still have joy in our lives too smile

Philistine that has to be the funniest thing I've read on here in a long time - I can actually picture it in my mind and it gives me a smile smile

I'm guessing I have the built in advantage of having two kids at the perfect age for an adult to act silly. Two days ago my oldest son (who is 6) shouted "Daddy, skip with me!" in front of a very busy, very public building. Now I have to say - I'm not good at skipping, I have no inherent beat (hell I can't even clap on time) but I sure as hell did skip with him and it felt great. I think I caught him looking at me with a look on his face like 'what the hell is dad doing, that's not skipping' but it was fun and silly and I didn't mind all the people staring at me one bit because I had that built in excuse - I'm playing with my kids! smile

Thanks HB1 - I would have easily forgotten that moment.

============================================
I have to survive and I hope to thrive.

Alumni Dahlonega WoR May 2010
Alumni Sequoia WoR March 2012

#330412 - 05/01/10 09:00 AM Re: Remembering to have fun [Re: Survivinguy]
scubagar Offline

I think one of the greatest parts of getting older is when you come to the realization that you don't need to give a darn about what other people think, who do not know or care about you.

I always figure if someone doesn't think adults should be acting like kids sometimes, well, it must suck to be them!

#330426 - 05/01/10 10:22 AM Re: Remembering to have fun [Re: scubagar]
rewiringed Offline

Happybuddha1,

Thanks for bringing up this topic! Reclaiming the little boy in me is something I really need to work on...
Ed

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.