I have posted the following research study recruitment on behalf of Scott D. Easton, LMSW. His message is below:

TITLE: National Study on Male Survivors: Research Participants Invited!

Greetings! My name is Scott Easton. I am a licensed social worker (LMSW) and part-time therapist. At the same time, Iím a doctoral candidate at the University of Iowa. Currently I am conducting a national study on the well-being of male survivors of child sexual abuse.

While a great deal has been written on the sexual abuse of girls, the same is not true for boys. Although fairly common, the sexual abuse of boys is under-recognized, under-treated and misunderstood (Holmes & Slap, 1998). Even less is known about how child sexual abuse affects the well-being of adult men. Because this topic deserves more attention, I made it the focus of my dissertation. It is my hope that the study will improve our understanding of male survivors of child sexual abuse.

Thank you for taking the time to consider participating in this one-time, anonymous survey. If you are interested, please click on the following link (or cut and paste it into your internet browser) and youíll be taken to the study:

The data collection period for this study has ended.

Best wishes to you for good health and well-being!

Sincerely,
Scott D. Easton, LMSW
University of Iowa

Edited by WalkingSouth (05/23/11 02:20 PM)