Newest Members
JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul
12488 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alpha (49), AYounglove10 (23), joanne (27), justme62 (52), pontifixmax (44), royjay (46), Steve S. (48)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 12 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12488 Members
74 Forums
64153 Topics
447637 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#329775 - 04/26/10 08:11 AM I WON THE LOTTERY!
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
finally, after waiting all my life, i finally won the lottery.

i received the letter in the mail saturday:

'you are hereby summoned to appear before a judge of the court of common please of the commonwealth of pennsylvania for the purpose of your possible selection as a grand juror'.

sunnovabytch!

i know i 'should' be grateful for the opportunity to give service in this regard. i'm however sick at the thought of having all my morning tied up and the potential loss of income for not being available to provide the usual services that require my availability during the morning hours.

$9 per day just ain't gonna cut it.

i repeat: sunnovabytch!

mad sick cry

#329793 - 04/26/10 10:05 AM Re: I WON THE LOTTERY! [Re: Sans Logos]
kidneythis Offline

You can respond to the summons with the form included and claim financial hardship as a reason you shouldn't be chosen to serve. In Ca. at least this was done by mail when I recieved them.

#329813 - 04/26/10 12:54 PM Re: I WON THE LOTTERY! [Re: Sans Logos]
Geeders Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
You could always plead insanity, Ron? crazy

#329821 - 04/26/10 01:13 PM Re: I WON THE LOTTERY! [Re: Geeders]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
you've got a point there .......... above your eyebrows ...... i'm just sayin ......... crazy

LOL, i would have no problem doing that if i thought it would work ..... :-P

#329842 - 04/26/10 03:51 PM Re: I WON THE LOTTERY! [Re: Sans Logos]
jls Offline

I've never been called to jury duty but I have been subpoenaed a few times due to work related matters. In all but one I showed up for court, sat there most the day and then was told I wasn't needed. The last time I actually had to testify, the hand on the bible, the whole thing. Question: what if you aren't religious? I am not so I felt a little strange swearing on a bible. Are there alternatives for secular folks like me? Just interested is all. JS

#329887 - 04/26/10 10:31 PM Re: I WON THE LOTTERY! [Re: jls]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
Go in quoting Luke 6:37 to the officer there. It just might get you dismissed!

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#329894 - 04/26/10 10:57 PM Re: I WON THE LOTTERY! [Re: FormerTexan]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

yeah, my wife tried that "financial hardship" trick when she was summoned. She was told to report on the first day and tell it to the judge. The judge without even looking up said, "Yes, and it was a financial hardship when I got shipped off to Vietnam too, but it made no difference, I got sent anyhow." As it turned out she got questioned by the lawyers that afternoon for a DWI or DUII trial, and when asked what her opinion of drunk drivers was she responded, "They should be locked up for a minimum of five years on the first offense." The defense lawyer rejected her and she was done with her jury duty.

#329896 - 04/26/10 11:12 PM Re: I WON THE LOTTERY! [Re: Sans Logos]
Charlie24 Offline

Hey Ron,

I got called in for jury duty last year. Missed class and wasn't too happy about it. I wonder if that is why I was excused. I was outspoken and I stood up and say hell no! Well not exactly.

The case was a couple of brothers who were suing a women, they caused the accident and were drunk and they wanted money or a counter suit so fucking messed up.

I'm grateful for our system though, I will say that Ron.

I did notice the people who were picked were the one's who kept their mouth's shut.

I was honest and answered the questions on how I believed to be the truth.

All I got was a paltry 10 dollars and some odd change. Here in Arizona they give you mileage from Court House to city Center you are from. Not from street address.

It was my first time ever being called for Jury Duty.

One juror said she was gonna be fired for missing work, don't know the outcome but overheard other jurors saying that employers will fire people for missing work due to jury duty, even though against the law.

I asked another juror if they had volunteers for jury duty would that make it better. I think they need more randomized.

Plus isn't it from a pool of registered voters that they pick jury duty? Anyone know.

Okay just wanted to share my thoughts.

Good luck Ron.

Charlie.

#330003 - 04/27/10 06:56 PM Re: I WON THE LOTTERY! [Re: Charlie24]
irishguy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Dublin, Ireland
Its really weird to see how you guys get treated when serving jury duty, over here if you are selected to serve on the jury board your employer must pay you your full pay while you are attending court and in turn they claim it back from the state.

#330173 - 04/29/10 07:47 AM Re: I WON THE LOTTERY! [Re: irishguy]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
I have a permanent excuse that gets me out of jury duty, I just told them that I am an over-the-road truck driver, and that was all that they wanted to know, I haven't heard from them since. All you need to have to pull that gag is a CDL, Ron.

#330219 - 04/29/10 02:04 PM Re: I WON THE LOTTERY! [Re: Trucker51]
JustSurviving Offline

Loc: Hell
-------

Edited by JustSurviving (05/21/10 11:45 PM)

#330246 - 04/29/10 06:51 PM Re: I WON THE LOTTERY! [Re: JustSurviving]
Castle Offline

Loc: NJ
Grand jury, or regular jury duty?

There is a difference, one is worse frown

One can be affirmed in a court/deposition if you do not wish to swear on the bible.

C

My posts can self destruct at any time..read them while you can.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.