Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 25 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63363 Topics
443069 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#328712 - 04/17/10 02:16 PM Re: School Take Secret Pics of Students(Trigger) [Re: kidneythis]
TheBobcatAgain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: AZ, U.S.A.
kidneythis,

That's a sad commentary. And you might be right. But the way I see it, the schools need to pay to get those kids into therapy RIGHT NOW. Recovery might take years, but suicide takes minutes.

Just my opinion.

Bobcat

#328793 - 04/18/10 09:46 AM Re: School Take Secret Pics of Students(Trigger) [Re: TheBobcatAgain]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
I really don't understand what made them think that was a good idea.

The perpetrators need to be punished and the students should receive support.

The school needs whole new management, how do children suppose to trust their teachers and learn in an environment that they can no longer trust. Those kids are going to be constantly looking over their shoulders in that school. It is no longer a good environment for learning.

And think about the children in that school who have been sexually abused in the past, they are going to find it very difficult being in a school that takes secret photos of them in their bedrooms.

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#328802 - 04/18/10 10:51 AM Re: School Take Secret Pics of Students(Trigger) [Re: king tut]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Therapy? What the hell are you guys talking about? Just knowing that the possibility that an embarrassing picture might have been taken at the right exact time while they had the laptops in their possession is no automatic reason to assume they need therapy. Please.

#328805 - 04/18/10 11:57 AM Re: School Take Secret Pics of Students(Trigger) [Re: Hauser]
kidneythis Offline

Hauser,
Let me give you another POV.
The point of the therapy is because they do not know if that possibility happened or not. If not, no one is hurt as badly as if so, then someone is hurt more deeply than by just the violation of trust the whole thing is without doubt.

How does one know one way or the other? In this case one can't know. The perps have even claimed to have "deleted" hundreds or thousands of pics. Who's going to believe them? Not me. They've proven they cannot be trusted.

Then one has to account for the unique vulnerability of a teenager, prone to huge swings in emotion, mood and thought based on the smallest input. The number of seriously damaged will be small but they are there. The insecure to begin with, the mentally immature who haven't yet felt their own power (maybe we can sympathize here?) and others in a weakened state just because of life's circumstances.

Some won't feel it until much later in life, IDK why but it does happen that way. I think dissociation has something to do with that.

To find out they have been spied upon, not knowing what if anything was seen. Which will provoke constant second guessing and ruminative review of what they did when and where was the computer when they did it. This alone can make a vulnerable kid nuts and extremely insecure.

That is the premise for the call out to ensure they have unrestricted access to therapy for life.

If our health care system was decent or fair there would be no need for this, they would be able to get help whenever they needed to and it wouldn't ever occur to someoene to make sure it was available.

We only have the best healthcare in the world if we have money. The rest have to make do with subpar doctors, care and limited help as well as deliberate manipulation and deciet from our medical care providers who are constantly making negative interpetive judgments and passing diagnosis on us to justify all this behind our backs. The impetus is a false view that we all are just faking it, and wasting their profits.

Once again MONEY is the thing that is important here not the thing that actually is important.

Edited by kidneythis (04/18/10 11:58 AM)

#328862 - 04/18/10 07:37 PM Re: School Take Secret Pics of Students(Trigger) [Re: kidneythis]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Adding to what kidneythis said, remember the kid in Missouri that posed as a girl to trick boys into taking embarassing photos then used it to blackmail them into being his sexual toys. This may have occurred because the female IT worker seems very resistant to her home computer being examined and is pleading the fifth amendment. Sounds like they are buying time to clean the computer up. Remember our female abused brethren here. The school stating they haven't found any inappropriate use may only mean they think they have covered their tracks.

And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#328864 - 04/18/10 07:46 PM Re: School Take Secret Pics of Students(Trigger) [Re: catfish86]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Please don't think that I don't appreciate the empathy you display for these kids, in fact, I admire it. It speaks highly of your character.

I just don't think that every single teen is so insecure and brittle that the slightest trespass requires "therapy".

#328876 - 04/18/10 09:51 PM Re: School Take Secret Pics of Students(Trigger) [Re: Hauser]
kidneythis Offline

That is NOT a slight trespass. That is the most heinous form of trespass sans only sexual assault. It is in fact a form of sexual assault.
Would you say you were brittle when you were assaulted and that is why it invaded your whole life and harms you now?
It isn't a lack of character or personal strength which allows the child to be hurt by the invasion of their most personal space.
Where is your head?

Edited by kidneythis (04/18/10 09:55 PM)

#328893 - 04/18/10 10:45 PM Re: School Take Secret Pics of Students(Trigger) [Re: kidneythis]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hauser, I see your point. There is a point at which therapy is not needed for every slight and mishap of childhood. A few good parents and other mentors should be plenty. However, kidneythis is correct that such a case does, at least in Ohio, constitute a sexual assault. We had a gymnastics instructor in our community that was filming the girls in dressing rooms and during hosted sleepovers for gymnastics teams. He was put away for a long time on charges that included sexual assault even though he had not touched any of the girls. This can produce a good deal of trauma. My heart sinks and my stomache turns at the thought of my perp taking pictures.

#328898 - 04/18/10 11:24 PM Re: School Take Secret Pics of Students(Trigger) [Re: catfish86]
TheBobcatAgain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: AZ, U.S.A.
Hauser,

You could easily be right in that none or only a few of those kids need therapy. The problem is, as I see it, you could also be easily wrong. The trouble with suicide is that we seldom see it BEFORE it happens. And even when we do, the symptoms of suicidality are sometimes acknowledged as "nothing serious". Think of the shock family members receive from their own kids committing suicide. The shock indicates the child had a serious problem that no one saw or had the foresight to see.

I'm not condemning you, Hauser. Seriously, I wouldn't do that. I understand your point of view, and maybe I'm overreacting. Perhaps I should have said that the students be OFFERED therapy if they feel they need it. Does that sound better, buddy?

kidneythis, I love you, man! You said exactly EVERYTHING I would have said, and MUCH better than I would have said it. Good job, buddy!

Thank you, Hauser and kidneythis, for presenting both sides of that issue. And thank you, Catfish, for presenting the topic.

Have a good day, my brothers. smile

Bobcat

#328922 - 04/19/10 08:48 AM Re: School Take Secret Pics of Students(Trigger) [Re: TheBobcatAgain]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

This is an editorial this morning with a court document. It is instructive to note that the LMSD policy was to activate the spy technology when a laptop was reported stolen or missing. Blake failed to pay the $55 fee and LMSD claimed this allowed them to activate. But first of all, THEY KNEW WHO HAD IT. Second, they had it turned on for 15 DAYS. Third, it just so happened this kid is a good looking kid. Then you find evidence from others that pictures were transferred to her home computer that were "purged". Now Carol the "I'm loving it" IT tech refuses to turn over her home computer in spite of a court order. Her attorney says there was no request for the computer despite the court issuing an order for it but Blake's attorny was only doing that because "his case is falling apart."

Editorial

pdf of Robbins Motion

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.